🐥4🐥

GEONHAK POV

Silence flooded the room when their professor entered the class, bag in hand. Geonhak already had all of the notes from the previous class and any supplies he expected to need were strewn across his desk. It was only the third day of classes, but everything seemed to go by so fast. Try-outs were already coming to a close, class introductions were ending and people were settling into their new routine. Geonhak was still struggling to get a grip on all that was happening.

He had a hard time deciding which school to attend which caused him to join in pretty late. He felt very ill-prepared for everything, especially when it came to now living on campus. Although they went to a local university, the school saw a lot of newcomers from out of town and therefore supplied a few small dorm buildings not far from the regular campus to accommodate such people. 

Geonhak didn't grow up far, since he couldn't bring himself to be far from his brother, but he was ready to be rid of the people back in his old town. He didn't grow up in the best neighborhood and there weren't many people there that understood him and his....aura. Geonhak wasn't the aggressive tough guy that his old home produced way too many of and his entire family knew it. They weren't offended when he made the final decision to leave, they were more relieved. It was a big change, but a new one and they knew it would give their son and brother a chance to be the person he wanted to be and not what everyone else expected him to conform to.

He spun the #2 pencil in his hand as the instructor began his second-ever lecture with the class. It wasn't a very invigorating topic, but Geonhak took diligent notes regardless so he wouldn't fall behind. The class had a break after an hour, everyone standing to take a walk, use the restroom, or speak to their friends.

 "Before you go too far, please make sure you get back here in 10, we will be starting a group assignment at that time and I will not be repeating my instructions. Go ahead." The group dispersed, but Geonhak stayed in his seat, rereading the notes he took to make sure they made sense and to see if he had any questions to ask the teacher while he had the chance. 

It wasn't long before he heard a buzz come from the bag next to him. He reached in and pulled out his phone that displayed a text message.

It wasn't a very exciting meal, but Geonhak was yet to go home since moving into the dorms a week ago

It wasn't a very exciting meal, but Geonhak was yet to go home since moving into the dorms a week ago. He was sure his parents would want to know everything that happened so far and how try-outs had gone for the lifting team. There was a lot they would want to know, but not much Geonhak really had to talk about. It's not like he had enough time to make friends yet or even know if he got onto the lifting team. All he was doing was making sure he was prepared for the semester, but he'd be lying if he said a calmness didn't rush over him at the thought of a home-cooked meal around his family. Geonhak knew such memories would be few and far between now and decided he should take the opportunities while he could.

 Geonhak knew such memories would be few and far between now and decided he should take the opportunities while he could