The Secret to Professionalism ~ Eric Slingby's Valuable Advice~

The morning was cold and wet with a brisk of wind sweeping the snow across the land. The sun rose fitfully, spilling light all over the land, unfortunately she was unable to turn the freezing night to a scotching day as she climbed towards her zenith. Snow was falling as usual, just like the other days in December.

The Grim Reaper Dispatch Society was never shy from occupying its staff with tremendously-packed schedule despite of the cold December morning where many creatures tended to stay indoors. Not to mention Ronald Knox's lack of urgency in preparing his report for submission on given deadline invited wrath of his supervisor, William T. Spears almost every week.

Ronald Knox was new to the British branch of the Grim Reaper Dispatch Society, entering the service of Grim Reaper about six months ago. Although he scored almost perfect in the examination, he had only one problem that pissed his upperclassmen of – his tardiness in completing desk jobs. Young and funky, this happy-go-lucky colleague loved to be surrounded with gorgeous beauties every time he clocked out the working hour, however he was sloppy when it came to writing a report and committing an overtime.

 Young and funky, this happy-go-lucky colleague loved to be surrounded with gorgeous beauties every time he clocked out the working hour, however he was sloppy when it came to writing a report and committing an overtime

(Ronald Knox. Credited the picture to Minitokyo)

Being a Shinigami, Ronald shared the same yellow-green orbs hid behind a pair of blue-tinted, pentagon glasses, wearing a black three-piece suit with a white shirt and a black tie. His bright blond, short hair with the underside of his hair dyed black and a cowlick at the right side of his hair enhanced his suaveness – no wonder he was popular not only among the staff in the Grim Reaper Dispatch Society, his present too was warmly welcomed among the party-goers. His death scythe was in the form of lawnmower.

"Please, William-san, can I submit the report tomorrow? I have group date tonight," said Ronald, expressing a commiserated look towards William who kept on correcting his glasses' position to sit properly on his nose.

William was flicking through Ronald's file to check and ensure that the number of souls retrieved by the youngest member of the office matched with what he had written in the report. "Look at your last report. I thought I'd say that you need to counter check the number of souls with your number of assignments. Dorset, Wilts, Surrey, Cambridge... I don't care if you have group date or whatever your engagement is tonight, but I want these reports together with your current report to be turned in to me the first thing tomorrow morning. Mattaku," He handed the file to Ronald before he walked away from his subordinate.

"A~, overtime again tonight! William-san is too unfair!" A statement of dissatisfaction sat on Ronald's face as he reluctantly walked towards his desk and slumped himself on the chair. He purportedly elongated the 'A~' to express his protest against the desk job.

"Cheer up, Ronald! If you stop complaining and get your hands to work on the report, I'm pretty sure you don't have to do overtime tonight," said the voice belonged to Alan Humphries who had been typing his report at his desk, right before Ronald clocked in for work that morning.