Epilogue

epilogue | until the sky falls down on me

"If things could go our way for once, would you come home?"

-

Two years later.

It's a cold night for Seoul. The white snow covered its beauty and people couldn't go out without wearing thick clothes.

"Are you sure you won't freeze to death on that?" Minjeong scolds the red-haired beside her as they hurried down the hallway for an important event.

Yizhuo just gave her a smile, "It'll be warm inside. Besides, you have more things to worry about aside from me." she finishes just in time for them to reach a huge door.

Minjeong gave Yizhuo a look. She told them that there was no need for another grand celebration after last night, but her friends insisted. Saying it wasn't enough for the award she won.

The blonde takes a deep breath before finally pushing the door open. The light from the other side was blinding, but she managed to quickly adjust. As soon as she heard a round of applause and people cheering, a smile immediately made its way on her lips.

"There she is!" "The Director of the Year! Kim Minjeong!" "Congratulations!"

And many more compliments erupted inside the room.

Minjeong would be lying if she said that she's already used to receiving compliments. There's no way she'll get familiar with the warm feeling inside her chest. It will always make her heart race.

As the blonde made her way through the crowd and up the stage, she received another round of applause.

"Thank you." she mumbles through the mic.

"Director Kim, any words?" the host beside the blonde speaks, encouraging her further to the front of the stage.

Minjeong was nervous as hell. She has always imagined herself being a successful director someday, just not two years after she graduated college. It was a huge shock to her and everybody that the movie she wrote and directed in college became a million dollar film that earned her spot to the top filmmakers in Seoul. She was acknowledged by the well-known directors that she'd only seen in the television.

She still can't believe it.

"Uh..." she starts, and the four cornered room quickly fell silent. "I told my friends there's no need to celebrate this award again but here we are." she jokes, trying to make herself less awkward.

Thankfully, the audience bought the joke and laughs along.

"Thank you for your support. I wouldn't win the award last night if you didn't do your parts. I'm not the only one who won." the radiant smile on her lips made everyone in the crowd stare in awe.

Minjeong never lost her star-born aura. She's still the prettiest woman you could lay your eyes on. She's still captivating, her face is still as divine as ever. But if you only know her as a star but not specifically the sun, then you would know she's not shining as bright as she should be.

Somewhere inside, there's a void only someone as bright as her could fill.

"Miss Kim, " A voice from the crowd snaps the blonde out of her thoughts.

She immediately pans her neck below and spots a familiar looking man.

"Juyeon."

He smiles, "Have you finally found your moon?"