I'm Not Mad

"Jack's pov"
"Wow, I woke up to this dark world full of beings and haters. What should I do? And who should I make friends with? I wonder what fate has befallen me, waking me up to a journey of a man who possesses nothing but thoughts that he couldn't turn into reality... So he thought."

"It feels so dark, my body aches, and even my spirit is depressed. They all think I'm mad, and I can't fall in love even if I try. Her name rings in my head: Milly! I hear it loud in my head."

Even though my eyes were misty, I decided to walk out of my apartment on Vince Street just in time to hear someone call out, "Joe Joe."

"Who's Joe?" I asked myself, and there she was, standing by the pole, looking and giving me that glance.

"Wow, was this a dream?" I still remembered that I suffered from some disorders which made me forget things. I decided to wander towards her, thinking I was Joe, not knowing I was Jack.

I walked up to the lovely lady. With my cheeks turning red, I acted out, reminiscing about those old movies where the main character would do something impressive to impress the lady.

"After the entire show, I realized I had just ended up looking like a fool in front of her."

"I stared into her eyes as I noticed her laughing her cheeks out. I wanted to ask how she knew my name, thinking my name was Joe and not Jack."

"As my lips were about to move, I heard a voice from behind say..."

"Milly, who's this crazy, funny fellow? Is he your brother?"

"I snapped out of my sleepwalk when I heard her response..."

"I snapped out of my sleepwalk when I heard her response... 'No! She doesn't even know why a beggar is standing next to her,' Milly said."

"Even though she was a stranger to me, why did her words hurt and wrench my heart a bit?" I thought to myself.

"I took a moment to assess the situation I was in. 'Yeah, she was not to blame,' I said while turning back to see who Joe was."

"He was damn hot. Who was he? Could they be together as a couple, or maybe just friends? Why does she have a ring on her finger, and why do I care?" Thoughts upon thoughts came through my head.

Suddenly, I found myself on the floor with a bright flashlight shining in my eyes. I was hungry and realized I had become unconscious on the streets

"At about 6:30 am, I woke up with dirt all over my skin. I opened my eyes and saw people looking at me, saying derogatory things about me.

"I didn't give a shit," I murmured. "What's that smell?" I exclaimed. Damn! I screamed out loud."

"(Getting everyone's attention fully on me)"
"I found myself soaked in an unpleasant liquid, which turned out to be urine. Minutes later, a burst of laughter erupted from the crowd... Before I knew it, the laughter spread among them like a contagious virus, ringing in my ears."

"I closed my eyes and covered my ears with my dirty palms, without noticing how much time passed. Eventually, I found myself alone at the edge of Vince's roundabout."

My cheeks were still covered with tears, even after hiding them with my muddy and bruised hands.

"After several failed attempts to stand, I felt agony in my stomach. At that moment, I remembered God and felt angry with Him."

"I decided to rest my eyes for a split second, only to realize that I was in a cruel and unjust world."

Being awakened from my sleep, I found myself in a white room. I initially thought I was in heaven, given that every time I cried out in pain, the "angels" would approach me with tools resembling injections, which would ultimately render me unconscious.

"I remembered crying in my dreams, only to wake up one lonely night and find myself tied down to a bed.

"What became of me?" I couldn't recall. Without hesitation, I began shouting, "I'm not insane, and I'm still alive!" As I turned my head, attempting to focus solely on the left side of my face, all I could see was the sky through a blurry pane of glass.

All of a sudden, I had an urge to reach for the sky. I struggled until I finally broke free from the ropes.

I made a loud noise as I crashed through the fragile glass and leaped out, mistakenly believing I was an angel capable of soaring into the sky.

I found out the painful truth abruptly, only after I jumped and crashed into a gray 2021 Dodge Charger.

"After several failed attempts to stand, I finally succeeded in doing so. At that exact moment, I realized I was in trouble."

I realized that my body was inadvertently causing more damage to the car than I had initially anticipated.

While attempting to devise an escape plan from this predicament, I was unexpectedly interrupted by the car's anti-theft device.

"Damn!!! I'm bleeding," I noticed to myself, but I didn't care. All that was on my mind was, "I'm not dead, and I'm in deep trouble if its owner found me alive."

"As I got ready to run, I noticed a person wearing a blue outfit approaching me."

I didn't pay attention as I dashed fast towards the exit, which turned out to be a locked gate. Just before reaching the gate, I imagined myself jumping over it.

Unfortunately, I was unable to reach it due to my loss of blood and ended up passing out again.

(Author's note: Please vote if you enjoyed this chapter and follow my IG account for future updates. My IG handle is juffy_money_)