Memories

"JACK'S P.O.V"
Memories I didn't recall flashed before my eyes. 'Was that a dream?' I asked myself."

I woke up to find myself in a room of an unfinished building with no windows, and my body felt as hot as boiling water.

"I felt relieved when I found out I wasn't tied up, but still a bit worried.

Why was I worried?" I asked myself. Suddenly, the wooden door unlocked and a woman walked in. She was stunningly attractive. However, I immediately scolded myself for having inappropriate thoughts and heard a voice in my head saying, "Control yourself, pervert," as I forced a smile.

"Hey there," she said. I could tell she was nervous and scared; her brown eyes said it all.

"I noticed her hand shake as she clenched a poorly kept bag. Despite the black spots on her face, her cheeks were still red when she introduced herself, saying, "I'm Lisa. It's nice to meet you."

My teeth were out, and my eyes were gazing at her skirt and tank top when I yelled out, "I'm Jack! That's what people call me, by the way. I'm mad."

She must have noticed tears dropping from my eyes as I noticed she wasn't frightened by my behavior.
(they had a chat before Lisa left the room)
................................................................................

(Lisa's footsteps faded away as she walked past the corridor)

LISA's P.O.V"
"What a funny fellow he is," I thought to myself before heading downstairs."Why did it take you so long, you creep? It was just a simple task and you couldn't even do it right," Grandy said.

"I tried to express my thoughts, but ended up stammering in front of the tall black man.""If you don't want to end up like him, make sure you complete your task properly before I have to resort to violence," Grandy said sternly.

I stumbled down the stairs as I hurried towards Jack's room, tears streaming down my cheeks. I accidentally made a loud noise before reaching his room, causing Jack to yell, "Who's there?"Just before entering, I wiped away my tears and retrieved an injection from my back pocket.

"I walked in and noticed him smiling at me, which made me feel guilty about my next action that I had to do under duress."I'm sorry," I said, tears streaming down my face as I approached him.

(Jack attempted to speak, but before he could, he was unexpectedly injected in the back of his neck.)

"Jack's P.O.V"
I attempted to call out her name, but instead, I found myself immersed in a distorted recollection of a previous life that I had no knowledge of. Just moments before, I remember hearing the sound of the door being locked.

"I walked along the dark path of memories, feeling overwhelmed by what I saw, yet still feeling a sense of power. Discovering a memory I didn't know was mine filled me with excitement. As I saw a child in the bathroom, crying with a mark identical to mine on his chest, the pounding beats of my headache grew louder."

"All of a sudden, a loud riff filled the living room of the mansion. I walked through the door silently, like a ghost, and saw a couple engaged in a heated argument. From their conversation, I gathered that the man was threatening to take their son, Mike, and file for divorce."

A thought of my old apartment came to my mind as I headed back to the bathroom to see the crying child. I walked through the door to find myself at the front of my apartment, thinking, "What a mess this is, it looks terrible."

"I moved closer to get a better look at his face, only to realize that I was the person standing at the doorstep of my apartment. Forgetting that I couldn't touch it, I attempted to open the door but instead passed through it, finding myself back in the Connors mansion."

"At that very moment, I was filled with rage and frustration. Why were my thoughts being tampered with?!!!" I screamed, but deep down, I yearned to uncover more memories. Suddenly, a woman who resembled Lisa burst through the doors, screaming loudly enough to jolt me awake from my nightmare. Confused about the cause of her scream, I turned my head, only to witness the sight of two lifeless bodies lying in the center of the Connors mansion."

(Someplace in the uncompleted building )

Lisa felt foolish when she reported Jack missing, and she trembled in fear when Grandy threatened her. "If you don't find him in the next 24 hours," he said, "you'll be a walking dead." Lisa's fear caused her body to become drenched, and she collapsed to the ground, trying to recall how it all unfolded.

A flashback of when she injected Jack came through her memory. It was the first day of her knowing Jack, and he was already missing."I'm not to blame for him being missing. I did my part right," she said in a low tone. Right after gathering enough courage, Lisa ranged out and tried to turn the tables against her but ended
up failing.

"Lisa insulted Grandy, calling him an ugly good for nothing mother fucker and accusing him of being a racist. In response, Grandy slapped her, causing her to bleed. Lisa was on the verge of saying something else, but she decided to remain silent when she saw Grandy draw his Glock 19 and aim it at her forehead."

"Grandy said in a disrespectful manner, 'You're nothing but trash, don't you dare raise your voice at me. The only reason you're still alive is because it's daybreak. If you don't find Jack before dawn, maybe your crops won't make the headlines tomorrow, and you might live to give a testimony,' " Grandy said as he cocked his Glock 19. Terrified and filled with fear, Lisa pleaded for 12 hours to find Jack.

She dashed through the forest in search of Jack, leaving a loud noise behind before departing. Hours passed, and Jack was nowhere to be found. Lisa became terrified when she realized she had limited time remaining.

With deep scratches obtained from the trees, Lisa hastily returned to the unfinished building to retrieve her belongings. She was aware that her life was in danger if she failed to locate Jack.Although she had an escape plan in mind, it completely slipped her mind when she swung open the door and found Grandy glaring at her, holding a French dagger.

"She noticed her entire body shimmering and aching, but that didn't stop her from running upstairs for her life. Before reaching Jack's room to hide, she considered calling the police for help but remembered she wouldn't get a signal. She rushed into the room and heaved a sigh of relief when she found Jack lying on the floor."

"Grandy paused and took a deep breath after seeing Jack lying on the floor, feeling a mix of shock and concern." Lisa was terrified by Grandy's unsettling behavior. She held on tight to Jack's hand, feeling a surge of fear, when she noticed Grandy licking his dagger and laughing. She remained speechless as she watched him leave her alone in the room with Jack, feeling a sense of unease and vulnerability.

"JACK's P.O.V"
I looked into her pretty, small, scared eyes and said, "You're beautiful. You're the girl from the memory, aren't you?" I asked, right before closing my eyes again.

Author's note: Please, if you enjoyed reading this chapter, remember to vote and possibly recommend the book to a friend. Cheers. Follow "juffy_money_" for more updates