Hatch

Chapter 1
...

He awakens to the sound of chirping birds. His eyes slowly open and he sees them dancing around in the air before retreating back into the leaves of the lush trees. He breaths in, smelling the sweet yet cold spring air around him. His chest rises, tearing the moss from the dirt as he does. With a grunt, he sits up, de-rooting the blades of grass that had attached itself to the moss over time. The moss has also found a liking to the man, for they have grown over over half his body. The man felt tired, still exhausted and drowzy; something that more sleep would only intensify. The man pushes himself up to stand. He rips and pats off the moss and sprouts that hug his clothing. It was incredibly dificult to pick them out of the white furr of his red cape. Not a speck of dirt stained his dress shirt once he was finished. A light breeze blows past him, welcoming him, or perhaps teasing him, as a cold shiver runs through his body. "Kl-cold." He wheezes with an unused voice. His limbs felt fourn and stiff as he hugged his cape close. After a final shake, the man begins walking through the forest. The trees were thin and tall. Black and white branches spread out above him like a spider's first webbing. The birds fly from one branch to another. "How long have I been asleep?" He questions in wonder. The trees have grown immensely since he had first layed to rest. They were but seedlings back then. They were small and insignificant, barely noticable by a even the most perceptive soldier. Now, they stand tall and proud. Like mighty men, keepers of those important to them. "Where are the others?" The man questions in a whisper. "They should have waken me up." He steps to the edge of the forest and a cold wind rushes past him again, making him shiver like a leaf. He holds his cape tightly around himself. Out of the forest he walks a few steps before looking back. He never truely noticed how much they grown. It astounded him, looking up at something once so small. They salute together, strong, just like he was. He almost wanted to solute back. He was also quite tall. He had strong arms connected to broad shoulders with a well attached head. Fairly humanoid he was, with the exception of his pig like legs and feet. His long pink hair was braided and kept with a red scarf once belonging to a brother. "There you are!" A voice shouts from behind him. Turning he finds a familure white mask floating above a humanoid body.

"Dream." The man smiles kindly.

"Good morning sleeping beauty. Everyone's been waiting for you." Dream tells him.

"How long have I been asleep?" The man questions.

"A few thousand years. You slept in a few hundred. Willbur and Philza were worried you wouldn't make it." Dream tells him.

"Make it to what?"

"Oh right, you missed the last gathering. The restarted are being born. You get to meet your little brother and nephew- assuming they're still boys." Dream was a simple white mask hovering above a human body. He wore a green cloak and a white suit underneath it. The cloak had a large hood that he then pulls over his mask, hiding the fact that he lacks a neck, or a head for that matter.

"So what have you been dreaming about Technoblade?" He asks as he begins walking. The man, Technoblade, follows him.

"As the King of Dreams, wouldn't you already know?" Techno mentions. Dream chuckles, his mask bounding up and down under the hood.

"Yes, but it's always nice to hear the perspective of the dreamer. I am simply an outside viewer. I can't actualy read your mind." He responds kindly. The two walk in silence, the cold air making Techno shiver.

"It was dark. I was simply surrounded by it. I wasn't scared, nor pleased by the darkness. Not much else to mention." He shrugs.

"Is that so? I thought there'd be more to it considering you're the King of War." Technoblade stops at Dream's statement. The mask turns and they stare at eachother.