Teaching

He's no longer on the beach which is now deserted.

Feeling at ease with being here, I walk through the gate linking the beach to the grounds of the house and am welcomed by a radiant smile.

"Morning!"

"Morning Taeyi. Slept well?" Hoseok asks.

"I did thanks."

"How was the water?" Did he see me? What did he see exactly? My suspicious look and furrowed eyebrows must be telling because he hurries. "I saw Jungkookie rush to the beach earlier and noticed you were going for a swim."

"Morning Taeyi!" Seokjin says walking out to meet us on the terrace. "I hear you're cooking for us today. I will be judging your food." Oh dear. No pressure.

"Ah... Great..." I say sarcastically. "Public humiliation."

"Where's the confidence! I'm sure it'll be delicious."

"Where's Jungkook?"

"Am I not enough for you?" Jimin says walking out through the bifold doors, with a pout.

"Hi Jimin. Of course you are! I just need to tell him something."

"In his room. Down the corridor. Follow the guitar sounds."

I put my ingredients on the kitchen counter and make my way towards the lyrical melody. Standing behind the closed door, I don't dare knocking and interrupting him. He's playing and singing at the same time, and it sounds absolutely beautiful, his soft silky voice acting like a satin ribbon wrapping my heart. I feel emotional. Once finished, I knock quietly.

"Come in!"

"Hi." I say timidly, feeling slightly chocked.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asks suddenly concerned, putting his guitar down and walking towards me.

"I am. I am. I'm just... moved... by your song."

"Oh. Thank you." He answers shyly.

"It was beautiful. Did you write it?"

"Yes. It's not that good and I don't play that well. Still learning." Why is he so hard on himself?

"I loved it." Those simple three words seem to mean more to him than a paragraph of praise, from his face just radiating with happiness.

"Thanks." He chuckles.

"I'm gonna start cooking. Oh! I forgot to say this morning... thank you for the pictures. I really like them, even the ones you took of me."

"It's nothing. It just seemed like such a nice moment to capture."

"It was."

Going to the kitchen, I find Jimin and Taehyung wearing matching aprons looking like angels... although ready for mischief.

"We're ready boss!" They're so cute!

Making lunch is very enjoyable, the cheeky duet is pretty useless but entertaining and great company. Four people cooking is way too many anyway. Jungkook is the one who is actually helping me, like a sous-chef. He's so focused and mesmerised with my knife skills.

"Woahhhh."

"Haha! My mum taught me, I can show you. Grab that carrot, get your knife. It should be a smooth and continuous move. Slice. Slide the blade along the board moving to the left slightly. And then pull and slice and... continue."

He tries his best, but doesn't quite get it. Without thinking I get closer, put my hand on his and as soon as I feel his skin, I realise... what am I doing? I jolt back.