Neo Batman

"There was a time we all once believe in Magic.

The Magic of the Mind,

The Magic of the Heart,

The Magic of the Soul.

Now all we see is what we are told,
And Magic no longer exists in all of us."

Tarry half dozed though Chemistry class. It all was incredibly boring. He'd finally gotten around to retaking his GATs that morning, leaving him one class left of the day. Max sat, spinning a pen from in front of him. Chelsie next to her, and Nelson further to Chelsie's right; fast asleep. Dania sat to Tarry's right, writing addimitly notes from the board.

The bell rang and they all shot up. Nelson shot up like he hadn't been sleeping and started walking out. Dania gave him a good bye, and caught up with Chelsie. Max mediocrity gathered her books and shoving them in her bag. Tarry stood up before abruptly sitting back down, a wave of vertigo hitting him.

"Tarry?" Max called, "You good there?"

Tarry sighed, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just got a little dizzy."

"It's those flashes isn't it. The images."

Tarry nodded.

"You seem to be getting them a lot more frequently."

Tarry stood up again, taking the step down to Max, "I know. I stopped taking the pills after dad died. And mom hasn't asked about them."

"Tarry you need to take them." Max reasoned, standing up herself, "What if something like this were to happen when you... are working with Mr. Wayne?" She grinned at the frazing, knowing it wasn't a lie nor was it the full truth, "You could get hurt."

Tarry hummed waving it off, "I'll be fine. I just want to know what I keep seeing."

"Terrance McGinnis. Those pills are for your head injury when you were seven. You can't just stop taking them." Max countered, "It could harm yourself."

Tarry shook his head, "I don't think so. When I ran out of pills, the flashes started. I see flashes of Matt when he was a baby, Max. I don't think those pills where good."

"And what else to have you seen?"

Tarry opened his locker, pausing to think, "Two men I don't know. Both black haired. Parts of a house. A room I don't remember having. My old stuffed snake is there, so is some of Matt's blankets. A crib."

Max hummed, "I know you want to know about those few seven years, but it looks like it was just a normal life. No need to risk, what your risking."

"That's the thing. They aren't normal. I have no flashes of my mom and dad. Just those two men." He slammed the locker, proceeding to follow Max out of school, "It's just... It doesn't feel right."

"Just take the pills before going out at night. Don't think we want Bat Splat on a building."

Tarry grunted, pausing at the large computer screen, "You think my GATs would be in only after an hour?"

Max walked up to the key pad and typed in Tarry's pass code, "Well theirs your answer." Max whistled, "Prefect score. I'm impressed McGinnis."

Tarry shrugged, "School is a bore. Where you heading tonight?"

"Don't know. I'm probably staying in, might call later, bug the hell out of the old man while I'm at it."

Tarry grinned, "We could just call it studying. He can't dispute that. I need someone to quiz me on those damn presidents again. Miss S is letting me retake the test."