She had wrapped her hands around him, hugging him gently. Doctor looked at her with fear, fearing that she will send him back in time, but seeing her expression was puzzled. She wasn't wearing one of those horrifying faces, he had seen on others. On her face, was a sad smile. He turned his eyes away again, waiting to know now, what she was going to do. She hugged him a little tighter and his eyes widened in surprise. There was a beating in the stone. Like angel would have had a heart. But the beating was growing fainter and fainter. She was going.

"You can't die!" 

Screamed Doctor, when he understood what was going to happen. The angel smiled and crumbled into pieces. Her time had come.

"No, no, NO!" cried Doctor, seeing the pieces when he turned around. The angel had starved to death, refusing to eat on him. She did have a heart. It was something never heard before. She had also painted. Like no angel before. She was like no angel before her had been.

He cried out of the grief, having lost a great companion and a friend. Weeping angel different from the others. One of his tears landed at the biggest piece of the angels face, making it look like the angel was crying too. Even after death. In the middle of the stone pieces, lied a heart. Big and golden. It had been hers and it had been beating. She had made it beat. Now it lied there silent and she was gone.

Whenever Doctor had companions after that, he didn't let them touch one big golden heart and paintings, what were on TARDIS. One painting of him. It wasn't even that beautiful, but it definitely meant something to him, as he was keeping it. Other one was with TARDIS and some people, who no one remembered anymore. The same painter, but it as better than the other piece of art. There were more paintings, but the most remarkable one was always under a piece of cloth. Even Doctor himself, never lifted the cover of that painting. Nobody ever saw him doing that. But when they were gone, or at least he thought so, he ripped the cloth away from the painting. It was the most beautiful piece of art one could ever see, but it was also a little strange. It didn't actually feel real. More like it was alive.  He closed his eyes, smiled and held out his hand. And hand coming from the picture, took it. Golden hearts and also feelings didn't die so easy even when they were fragile.