Game of the Fate [4]

Chapter 4

     Soren stood alone in his room and listened to music on his iPod.  But something else was engrossed his thoughts. Something he did not want to share with his own sister. Actually it was harder for him to think about it.

‘Damn! How do I protect her?’

     He stood alone in his room and was going to go crazy. He did not want wolves to deal with his sister. He could not be with me throughout the school. How would hide his feeling from me? I always knew when he feels bad. How would he tell her this? How would keep me save there?

     He sighed and finally threw iPod the other end of his bed. He could not concentrate. He could not to learn. Then the door knocked. The boy did not notice that his mother entered.

-What is it, my boy?

-Nothing, mom.

-Don’t lie to me. I know you.

-Today Jet again harassed Sylvie and her friends.

-And you worry about her. I know that you adore your sister , but you must leave her alone to solve her problems.

-But Mom…

     She sat beside him on the bed and stroked his hair.

-There once she would be without you.

-Never! – He insisted.

-She would be able to defend herself. If you do everything for her, she will become powerless. And we both know that this is painful for any vampire.

     Soren knew. He understands what his mother trying to say. This would be the hardest thing he ever did. Of course, he would not leave me completely, and would just give me more freedom. Or so promise on our mother.

@@@

     I tried to learn. Not received. I was sad and angry. I don’t understand. What is their problem to those wolves? Why harass us all the time? And Avery is a wolf too. That badass bullies the weak, just because they like to do it. Bastards. I was so angry that I jumped from my chair and threw my book in English to the wall. What is thinking? I’m not weak. I’m a vampire. Damn! My body was shaking with anger. The next moment in my room invaded Soren. He looked at me a little confused. Mom stood beside him.

-What happened, darling? – She asked me.

-Sylvie? Are you okay? – Soren sounded more worried by mom. But he always overdoing.

-Yeah, I’m fine. – I tried to sound convincing.

-What’s up, Sylvie? Your brother told me about what happened. That is why you are mad? – Mom asked.

-It’s not fair. These jerks deserve a good lesson.

-Don’t do shit, kids.

     Soren and I looked at each other. To do shit? Who? Are we? Of course we will not do anything. We are not hooligans. But we would not let them to do what they want.