2. Common Ground.

When Kayla and I touched down in Leawood Airport we said our goodbyes, exchanged numbers and went off in different directions. I found my dad who was eagerly waiting for me. He and Jaxon. They both smile when they see me.

" Hello, biceps. "

I say to Jaxon playfully.

" Hey, Bella. "

He says coming to hug me. Jaxon and I walk over to Dad who is still smiling.

" Welcome back Bells. "

Dad says taking my bag and tossing it in the back of the SUV.

" Chief"

I say saluting him playfully.

Jaxon and Dad rode in front while I had the entire back seat to myself. While I had the seat to myself I messaged Kayla.

Hey.
It's me.

Hey, Bella.
Did you meet up with your Dad alright?

Yeah, I did.

Okay Bella I'll talk to you soon.

Sure.

The conversation between me and Kayla was short. I'm sure we both had things to do. Dad and Jaxon didn't say much. And I like the silence it gave me time to think. My birthday is in a week and everyone wants to see who my mate will be and I hope that he isn't Jaxon. I want a mate but not Jaxon. He's a good guy but not for me. I want a mate that is brave, kind, stronger and above all I want him to be loving. Someone who doesn't view the world as the others do, I want that our hearts must be the same.

We got to the house in good enough time, Jaxon helped me to take my bags to my room. He placed them on the bed and left. At least he remembers that I don't like it when people hover. If you got nothing to say then leave till you do. I have always been like that since childhood.

" Thanks. "

I say to Jaxon before he left and closed the door behind him. I sigh and sit on my bed.

" Welcome home Bella. "

I murmur to myself.

My wolf Ciara hasn't been active lately. I guess it's because it will be our birthday soon. I'm an unusual she-wolf because I shifted early. Usually, a wolf is supposed to shift on their eighteenth birthday it's also the day you find your mate. I'm a bit worried that everything about me finding a mate is going to be different too just like my first shift. I was lost in thought when my cell phone called me back to reality. It's Kayla.

Bella

Hey Kayla, what's up?

Just checking in 😁

That's nice of you Kayla.

How is everything?

When Kayla asked that question I didn't know how to respond to it. I wanted to tell her the truth, but a part of me didn't know if I could trust her completely. I didn't respond so Kayla called. On the third ring, I answer.

" Hello. "

" Hey what's up? "

Kayla asked.