Chapter 26

"new"

Andrews's POV

Andrews's POV

I slowly walked down the stairs as I heard my father's voice inform me that breakfast was ready. When I got closer to the kitchen his new wife was already seated at the table looking at her phone before noticing me and sending a quick 'smile' then went back to what she was doing.

It's been two weeks since my father dropped the bombshell. I mean I knew he was already seeing someone but get married? It's crazy! I mean from what he told me it seemed like they didn't meet that long ago. Also, I've been trying to know this girl since she's living with us but every time I do it gets awkward especially when the two act like hormonal teenagers in front of me. Honestly, it makes me feel like I'm the mature one here.

"Are you going to sit down and eat?" My father asked as placed a plate on the table. I'm hungry but I can't handle another awkward interaction.

"Uh no, I need to get to school early but thank you though," I lied before grabbing an apple from the bowl on the counter and making my way out of the door. I have a feeling this is gonna be my new routine now.

~
"New guy?" I asked as I walked up to Mouth who was standing with him.

"Name is Felix," he introduced himself with a snarky tone. "And you must be Andrew since you have that cast on," I slightly tilted my head in confusion before he starts up again. "You hear that name a lot around here guess you're the top dog. Don't worry that'll change," he smirked as he patted my shoulder making me give him the side-eye glance. "See you later!" he yelled as he walked off.

I don't like him.

"So you always get trapped with the new kids huh?" I asked Mouth as I turn my attention to him.

He just chuckled before saying something, "He's actually pretty cool. I mean he didn't really make a good impression with Haley and them." I signal for him to keep going. "He flirted with Haley and I think there's something between him and Brooke." He informs me. Brooke and the new guy?

"Brooke and him?" I furrowed my brows making him explain a little more.

"Well I don't know that much but I did see them give intense glares," he says as he shrugs. Please let it be a coincidence and not because they have something going on. "You okay?" a voice bringing me out of whatever trance I was in.

"Yeah, I'm good. I better get to class before I'm late." I tell him to which he nods with understanding and I walked away.

I guess I was too lost in my thoughts to notice that I walked right into someone. Making them drop their books and papers resulted in both of us trying to gather them together.

"I'm sorry I was trying to figure where my class was," an unfamiliar voice apologized making me look up to see a pretty girl. I was about to say something but then she caught sight of my right arm. "And you're injured. I'm extremely -"