Episode 36: WHAT LIES AHEAD

Round One of the Tournament (Part One)

Today's the day, the tournament has finally arrived. Students of every year were starting to take their seats in the colosseum that was built for this event, it was still weird to most people that no third years were going to participate today. The colosseum was something to behold, it made everyone very excited.

The ones fighting were in their PE uniforms, white shirt and blue shorts for the boys, and white shirt and short blue leggings for the girls

The ones fighting were in their PE uniforms, white shirt and blue shorts for the boys, and white shirt and short blue leggings for the girls. First years had green on the collar and sleeves of their shirts while second years had red, third years would have blue or purple if they were actually participating today. No competitor had any idea who their opponents would be, that makes it harder for them to prepare for their fights. But right now, they just couldn't wait to get started.

Minori: "Students and residents of Tenbi, welcome to the Tenbi Academy tournament!" Minori was standing right in the middle of the colosseum holding a microphone, the other teachers, plus Mahiru, were standing a short distance behind her as she spoke to the audience. "The first match will begin shortly, good luck to all competitors!"

The girls headed for the locker room to get ready while the boys did the same, separated by gender, obviously. Yoshi looked around to see his potential opponents getting ready, it's possible that this tournament will change everything. While thinking to himself, Yoshi felt someone tap him on the shoulder, turning around to see that it was Usuya.

Usuya: "Hey, Yoshi... I just wanted to wish you good luck. I hope you and Kai make it to the end so you can see who the strongest is."

Yoshi: "Thank you, I really appreciate it."

Kai: "No matter what happens today, may the best man win." Kai walked over to Yoshi and presented his fist to him, Yoshi got the message and fist bumped him while Usuya looked on and smiled, pleased to see two people he respected get along before the big event. Takeru looked at them and smiled too, but he couldn't forget who else was there getting ready. Masaru and Gouken weren't talking at all, they were only focused to winning the whole thing.

===========Meanwhile===========

In the girls locker room, most of them were excited for what today had in store. The members of Venus knew how serious it was to fight with something important on the line, given their past travels and missions. Azuki was just dying to get started while Chacha felt the same way, Uruchi was mostly focused on impressing Haruko while the vice president of Maken-Ki thought about the possibility of 'Murakumo' finally unsheathing like it did before, when Takeru went berserk. Was anybody besides Takeru strong enough to give her a real challenge?

Haruko: 'I wonder...'

===========Timeskip===========

Minori: "Ladies and gentlemen! It's now time for the tournament to begin! The first match of the day will be... Demitra Midia... and Kodama Himegami!" The people cheered as Kodama entered the arena from one side while Demitra entered from the other, this first match will prove to be interesting. Kengo was clearly cheering like crazy for Kodama, as well as her fan club while Venus cheered for Demitra. This fight had Gouken's attention since Kodama's very presence could potentially break the seal on Amanohara, Yoshi made sure to keep his eyes on both the fight AND Gouken, making sure that he doesn't try anything. "Begin!"