Part 2

"Kong, I'm so hungry right now I'll collapse on your kitchen floor if you don't feed me soon." Arthit whined as he flopped himself dramatically down upon the open kitchen's counter and pulled up a chair to plonk himself on.

Kongpob chuckled, shaking his head as he checked his timer. Picking up the quiche he had popped into the oven earlier, he brought their plates over as Arthit picked himself off the counter and eyed the food greedily.

In the month that they had worked together, they had fallen into a comfortable routine, with Arthit picking up his deliveries throughout the day and crashing Kongpob's cafe in the nights after his last delivery or night classes. The peace of Kongpob's cafe was conducive for his studying and the younger man had a guinea pig to test out the various flavours of pancakes he loved to experiment with. It was a win-win for both of them.

Kongpob had no idea how he ended up feeding this man child every night who would whine petulantly at him till he had food in his stomach. And somehow, he found it cute - not that he would ever admit it to the older guy. While spending time with Arthit, he had learnt that the older was a cat under the disguise of a lion. Arthit was always quick to anger, but refused to ever share what was on his mind. Not till Kongpob pried it out of his mouth that was.

Just like the time Arthit had come back in a mad huff and Kongpob had received a complaint call about his extremely rude delivery guy. It took Kongpob many rounds of convincing and a special pink milk bribe before Arthit relented and told him the truth. Turned out that the customer had said to his face that Kongpob's pancakes were merely 'mediocre' and he had to 'settle' for these terrible tasting pancakes simply because no other cafes were doing deliveries. This resulted in a highly defensive Arthit and a very nasty exchange of words.

"He doesn't deserve your pancakes," the elder grumbled after he related the story. "Don't you ever take another order from him, I'm never going to deliver it." He added on menacingly, glaring at Kongpob and prodding him in the chest to prove his point. This whole encounter warmed Kongpob's heart greatly and his hands had itched to drag Arthit securely into his arms to pacify him but he resisted. So he settled for agreeing and ruffling the soft head of hair as the other guy continued to grumble under his breath.

Bringing his thoughts back to the present, he watched contentedly as the elder guy stuffed himself with the quiche, blowing out the heat from the mouthful he had shovelled into his mouth while exclaiming 'hot hot'.

Kongpob shook his head, as he thought to himself, 'what a child'. He picked up the pink milk he had prepared earlier beforehand and placed it in front of the other, much to Arthit's delight. He busily fanned the bite of quiche that was still sitting in his mouth with one hand and made to grab his favourite drink with the other.

"Ah," Arthit let out, as he finally managed to swallow his food and immediately flushed it down with a large gulp of pink milk. "That was too hot!" He grumbled, eyeing the still amused other guy in front of him.

"It isn't my fault you eat like a baby dinosaur." He chortled as he grabbed a napkin and wiped the crusty bits off the left side of Arthit's mouth. Picking up his own quiche and drinks, he rounded over the kitchen counter and settled himself beside Arthit.

"What baby dinosaur!" The older guy exclaimed indignantly. "It's not my fault your food tastes that good and I've been riding around in the heat out there making deliveries. Have you even stepped out the last few hours? I've been literally melting out there."

"Yes yes," Kongpob laughed. He scooped a spoonful of his own quiche and blew on it lightly, bringing it to Arthit's mouth when he deemed it cool enough.

"Stop patronizing me." Arthit grumbled all while still opening his mouth wide to allow the other to feed him. "Oh I like yours better!" He nodded excitedly.