iii. promise the moon

moonwashed [ 03 ]

❝promise the moon.❞
to keep an
impossible promise.

Mizu first saw Maris on the fifteenth of June, sitting on the bus stop alone

Mizu first saw Maris on the fifteenth of June, sitting on the bus stop alone. She was wearing a dress, eating a cupcake, and even though Mizuki was a few meters away from her, she could see that Maris's eyes were sparkling with tears. The next day, she saw her at the school restroom. Nasa may loob siya ng cubicle, at mula sa labas, nakarinig siya ng mahinang pagtatalo. She heard phrases like akala kasi namin nakasakay ka na, and 'wag ka nang magalit, ang OA mo naman.

Pagkalabas niya ng cubicle, umiiyak na naman si Maris nang palihim sa harap ng salamin.

The fifteenth of June turned out to be her birthday, and the day she was supposed to celebrate it, her friends had forgotten her.

After that, Mizuki had seen Maris everywhere. Sa canteen, sa computer lab, sa donut shops . . . she was always with the same people who had forgotten about her on the day of her birthday, with that same, fake smile on her face.

Maris can be an idiot too, huh?

Also, she had been beating herself up for doing what she did on the hallway earlier this morning, for straight up ignoring the girl she'd liked for weeks. She just couldn't help it — it was too good to be true. She must have done something! It should be impossible for something so good to happen without her having to wish for it.

Mizu wondered if she'd manifested it unwillingly while she was asleep or while she was dreaming about Maris. What if she just manifested Maris's way into her life? Was that possible? Then she felt like a douche.

But still, Mizuki was aware that as much as she liked Maris, she didn't write down even her name in her manifestation notebook. She didn't want Maris to come to her through something like that — through tweaking fate and manipulating things like she's always done.

So maybe . . . that was finally fate working on its own?

She groaned into her pillow. Pagabi na rin.

Nasa lighthouse kaya si Maris?