Chapter Twenty-Six: Gone, But Not Forgotten

Now that they were on the move, (Y/n) felt nostalgia of his younger days as a vigilante, fighting alongside the woman of his dreams with his last-living blood-relative, Bruce Wayne. Nowadays, (Y/n) was surviving in a post-apocalyptic Earth alongside his daughter whose youth was as beautiful as the seventh day God created the Earth. 

The last thing (Y/n) expected to use as a ride was a mutated dragonfly to soar across distant lands to get himself and his daughter to their destination. (Y/n) had been wandering off into his own thoughts about how things could proceed by the time they arrive at the hive to acquire the Sun Spark, most of which were negative thoughts accompanied by his love for his wife and daughter. 

Upon their arrival just outside the hive, the pair observed the entrance. Just when they began to plot their route into the hive, they were jumped by the mutated bugs who immediately sunk their teeth into the dragonflies. While their lives were spared, it gave the two the chance to run towards the entrance. 

From there, the father-daughter duo crept through the hive, constantly on alert in case they brought the rest of the hive's attention onto them. Not several minutes later and they had reached the location of the Sun Spark. (Y/n) took ahold of it, but as soon as he did so, it put the entire hive on alert when something much bigger had woken up. 

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." Lyta muttered fearfully. 

In the large opening in the room, a tall monstrous bug let out a harrowing screech at the intruders, giving them the indication to run for their lives. The two then turned tail and started their evacuation, providing a feast for the bugs that avoided the onslaught. As soon as (Y/n) and Lyta exited the hive, (Y/n) turned around and used his powers to seal the entrance, causing a slight tremor that caved the entrance roof. He then proceeded to create a slab of concrete underneath their feet to use for their land surfing. His daughter was surprised at how far his talents reached as their means of returning to base was quite adventurous. 

Prior to their return, Lytra was most keen to get to work which would undoubtedly take hours for things to be properly organised until (Y/n) could jump back to the point of time he suddenly up and vanished, presumed deceased. In the meantime, (Y/n) had taken rest after a long day out. Added to the fact that science was not his forte, therefore his assistance was not required. 

Until things were organised, (Y/n) was summoned by his daughter to review the completion of the time machine. The gateway shone a bright yellow light with a hypnotic spiral that seemed to mess with (Y/n)'s head every time he looked at it. 

Knowing that this was where they parted ways, (Y/n) hesitated. The last couple of days were significant, the bond he'd spent with his daughter; making amends. He and Lyta shared eye contact with one another and prepared to say their goodbyes say before (Y/n) made his embark from that wavered timeline in order to return to the one where he could prevent the apocalypse.

"I guess this is it." (Y/n) began awkwardly.

"Yeah... I, I'm going to miss you. Your presence here has certainly restored my faith in you. Father, I..." Lyta responded. Her eyes became glassy which quickly formed tears that ran down her cheeks. 

(Y/n) raised a hand up to her face to wipe those tears with his thumb, then both of his hands cupped her cheeks so that he could take in her beautiful face, her maturity and the smile he hoped to see once again before they embraced in a tight hug moments before his departure. 

"I love you, kiddo. I know you'll do me proud, someday." 

Back in the correct timeline, the Justice League had arrived to the funeral of their beloved (Y/n) Prince-Wayne. His wife had been completely shattered after his death, wishing that she could hold and cherish him one last time. While her infant daughter remained unaware of her loss, Diana continued to love her child boundlessly.