SIXTEEN

I will not say the jobs  Mouadh had received were irritatingly tedious as he's been very busy and he hasn't really been at home too much. The office where he works had temporary rooms to sleep as they are in ear towards mental health and regulate sleep schedules of their employees.

To sum it up, the company wants you to work at all times.

I dozed off on the bed not long after hearing a familiar ringtone.

It's Mouadh, messaged me 4 hours ago.

We've fought about this not long ago as I was against of Mouadh working there

"This is a big step for me Laila, a leap towards my career. Why is it hard for you to understand?" his eyes were stern disbelief in portraying that I was never an understanding wife.

"All I ever said was how they were treating you poorly. You deserved to have time for your own family Mouadh", slowly explaining every word hoping I didn't ruin it this time.

The confidence that I have to add up the fire. "I never heard from you every time you had to stay at the office",  I'm in big trouble. "You could have at least let me know"

"Sometimes Laila, I haven't been able to reach my phone. Time flew so fast, I didn't realized I was looking at the same transcripts for hours".

His hands were in his pockets staring at me.

"I am providing for the family, our family. This is to ensure you have everything my love",

Tears started to run down. I am never this weak but I wiped it anyways.

"You would cry at almost all of our arguments", he turned his back and walked towards his study room. "Find me when you're emotionally stable to have this discussed again".

We both did discussed it properly assigning our priorities towards each other. He would informed me every time he would have the need to stay at the office and I would presumably note towards his responsibilities of a husband.

It is our third year marriage, nobody ever said that this would be easy.

We both apologized for all the things said before, as it was unanimously not carefully thought and rather impulsive to gain attention from each other.

I admit that I wasn't getting enough attention from Mouadh, but he's my husband.
I need him.

Suddenly, the phone started ringing.

I slide the phone with my eyes half closed. "Hello, sweetheart. Are you asleep?".

"Yes, I have", I don't think I'll remember this conversation with Mouadh despite how awfully tired I was.

"You sounded very pretty my love. I love listening when you're half awake", he chuckled.

"What are you doing up so late Mouadh?",

"Um, I'm still reviewing the papers. I got sleepy and went to take my wudhu' (ablution) before I take a long nap. I might have wanted to listen to your voice before I sleep".

He had always the right things to say. "I'm here my love".