Chapter 2

“Dad it’s not happening.”

I heard Mary yell down the hall.

“Yes it is. I already told you the security team isn’t an option.” “We are not babies!”

she hissed

“I know that I just want you safe.” “We have Bryan” “He isn’t trained he is my driver who offered to look after you until I could find new guys because you girls chased off the last two guys.”

“Because we don’t need them”

“This isn’t up for discussion”

“Whatever!”

She growled walking into my room,

“Can you believe dad is making us get another security-“

She stopped looking at me.

“Are you seriously not ready yet?”

I peaked up over my book at Mary in her baby pink dress.

“Ready for what?”

huffing she crossed her arms

“Angelas’ cousins welcome party?”

I looked at her with a blank stair, She groaned

 “Do you ever even listen when I tell you things? Hurry up we are heading down in 20 minutes.”

She hissed before I even had a chance to protest. I sighed setting down my book and walking to my closet. its not that I didn’t want to go but Angela is more Marys friend than mine and I would much rather stay here in my warm bed and read. After 5 minutes of looking through all the clothes I never even wear I picked out a pair of blue jeans and an old Kiss shirt.

“Are you seriously wearing that?”

Maci asked scrunching her nose. I glanced at her in her tiny deep blue dress. “Yes I am comfy.”

She rolled her eyes.

 “You have all these clothes and you wear the same crap all the time.”

 I shrugged.

 “I like my clothes, Mace.” “Fine, be the only person at a fancy party in jeans.”

She murmured before walking away.  I sighed looking in the mirror once before grabbing my book off my dresser and walking into the living room.

“Oh my god, Maci wasn’t kidding. Dad look at her.”

He walked out of his room slipping on his suit jacket and smiled.

“I think she looks fine.”

 Mary huffed

“She is going to be the only one that looks like they are, are,” “Poor”

Maci finished.

“Yes, Poor.” “Well, I think she looks amazing.” Dad defended. “Whatever, Come on May.”

Mary took her hand leading her out the door. I laughed as dad shook his head.

“They are something else.”

“You used to be just like that.”

He reminded

 I half smiled as he gently kissed my head.

“Come, we don’t want to be late.”

________________________________________________

    “Mary, Maci you both look amazing.”