𝐈 | 𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝙵𝙴𝙼𝙰𝙻𝙴

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒 #𝟏𝙽𝙸𝙻𝙰𝙹𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙴𝙻𝙻𝙴 - 𝙻𝙰𝚂 𝚅𝙴𝙶𝙰𝚂, 𝙽𝚅𝐅𝐄𝐁

𝙽𝙸𝙻𝙰𝙹𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙴𝙻𝙻𝙴 - 𝙻𝙰𝚂 𝚅𝙴𝙶𝙰𝚂, 𝙽𝚅
𝐅𝐄𝐁. 𝟒𝐓𝐇
━━

"Hurry up." Chubs grumbled as I ambled behind. The heavy bodyguard paused as I caught up to him. We continued walking, Chubs now behind me, until we reached the back of the building.

We reached an office door and waited, impatiently, after knocking. "Open uppp." I groaned while slapping my palms on the door.

The door was snatched open as I removed my hands. I looked back at Chubs, and nodded before entering the office. "How may I help you?"

Ignoring my question, Nix rounded the wooden desk and took a seat in the leather chair. I followed and sat across from him.

"I have a job for you."

Immediately, I began to shake my head. "No, no, and no." I started to stand from the chair.

"Wasn't asking." he sat back in his chair gave me a threatening glare. "Sit down."

I hesitated before dropping in the chair. "I'm only sitting because I want to. Not because you said so." He rolled his eyes at my statement before reaching into the desk drawer.

The hefty manila folder made a plopping noise as it landed on the desk. I looked between Nix and the folder a couple times.

"I just got home from New York, like six hours ago, can I get a break?" I pleaded but Nix shook his head. Heavily annoyed, I dragged the folder from its spot on the desk unto my lap.

My boss, Nix, was a powerful man all across the West coast. He hand his hands in so much bad business, it would take hours to list it all. And as much as I dreaded it, I was in deep with him.

"And what did this guy do?" I asked after skimming over the cover page. Nix ignored me as he begin to roll a cigar. "Hello?!"

"I don't pay you to ask questions. Do I?"

"No." I mumbled. "When do I leave?" I inquired with a sigh.

"Tomorrow. You'll get a message." he spoke as he brought the cigar to his lips. "And take big guy with you."

"He has a name. It's Chubs."

Nix made a scoffing noise. "Like that's any better." He brought the cigar to his lips again before blowing the smoke out. I coughed as the smoke reached my face. "That's all."