Chapter 10

One Year Later..

I stood in the kitchen of the apartment I share with Tokita, because tonight Yukina is coming over to my place for dinner. I can cook decently enough and while we've been dating for a while, we've only had a couple of home dates in the past and they were usually at Yukina's. Tokita, being the bro that he is, told me that he'd just stay over at a friend's place for tonight since he realized that me and Yukina were probably going to spend a while together this evening. Besides, there's something I want to ask her tonight.

I checked the stew's flavor, deciding that it seemed about right, when I heard the front door ring. I put down the spoon I had been using and quickly hurried to the front door. It's mid-winter, so I'd rather not keep Yukina waiting.

I got to the door and let Yukina in. "Come on in Yukina." I said

After she put her coat on the hanger, we headed inside together. As we stepped into the living room, Yukina looked out at it and said "It's been a bit since I've been over."

"That's true." I said "I have dinner going right now, give it maybe twenty minutes and it should be good to go."

"Oh? What are you cooking?" Yukina asked

"Well with the cold winter weather, I can't think of anything better than a nice stew." I said

"Sounds good" Yukina said

"Hey, do you want some tea? Since you were coming over, I decided to buy some tea since I figured you'd prefer that. The problem is that I don't know which type you like so I ended up buying a couple types." I said

"What types did you buy exactly?" Yukina asked

I went to the cupboard where I had put them and said "Let's see... if I include Tokita's, there's blueberry, raspberry, ginseng, green tea, ginger with honey, liver disaster, ginger without honey, vanilla, and almond."

After I explained that at least half of those were bought by me because I had no clue about what to buy and tea in general, she giggled a little then told me what exactly to brew. As I left to take care of that, I saw that Wagahai meandered up to Yukina and began to rub his head against her legs, demanding both her attention and affection, which she happily gave.

When I returned to the living room, I came in to see Yukina bending over to pet Wagahai who, like the weirdo he is, had rolled onto his back like a dog to let her scratch his belly.

"I'm back." I said, holding out her tea for her.

Yukina took her tea and we sat beside each other on the couch talking about how our days went, what we've got coming up, and whatever else as we waited for dinner to finish thickening up. Eventually dinner was finished and after it was served, we sat across from each other at the dinner table, we talked about whatever in between bites. At least until I took a deep breath and said "Hey Yukina, have you ever thought about us finding a place together?"

"I can't say I haven't. I take it you've been thinking about it?" Yukina said

"Yeah, I have. I want to be able to be beside you even more than we already are. I understand if you don't want to yet, but it's just something that's been on my mind." I said

"I want to be with you more too, Y/n. To be honest, finding a place with you sounds nice." Yukina said

"That's great, sometime soon we can start looking into places" I said

"Alright,that works for me." Yukina responded

Once we finished dinner, we spoke for a while longer before ultimately returning to the living room. We sat on the couch, snuggling against each other and enjoying the presence of the other while we watched a movie.

"Y/n, since Hashimoto left so we could spend the evening together, do you know when he's planning to come back?" Yukina asked

"Huh? He said he was just gonna stay over at his girlfriend's tonight." I said

"I see. Then in that case, how about I stay over tonight?" Yukina suggested

"That'd be great." I responded "I love having the company of the woman I love after all."

We shared a kiss and continued to enjoy each other's company until it eventually got late, and we decided to call it a night. In the end, we found ourselves laying against each other in my bed, slowly dozing off to sleep. As I started to fall asleep, I looked over to the beautiful woman I love who had fallen asleep only a couple of minutes ago. In the near future we'll be finding a place together and I'll be able to be with her every day and gently fall asleep with her beside me like tonight every night. As thoughts of what's going to happen between us in the near future filled my mind, I came to the realization that someday I want to marry this woman. With contentment about the moment and my realization for the future, I finally fell asleep.