1.1 Tristan Dugray

For this imagine, Tristan never got sent to a military school. 

Enjoy reading<3

"Tristan, seriously, you need to calm down. Rory would like you better if you were nicer, you know." I sighed tiredly. I didn't fancy myself being the person who fell in love with their best friend. Seeing as I couldn't prevent that though, I prevented myself from being the person who sabotaged their best friend's relationships for their own selfish means.

"I don't know how to be nice, Lynn." this time he was the one to sigh. He had his elbows on his knees while he sat on a bench. We just finished class a few minutes ago and he met me after I saw him being pathetically turned down by Rory. I just leaned on the pillar near where they were waiting for Tristan to finish. Gods only knew that Tristan didn't know how to express his feelings, but that boy means well.

What he said was a lie, though. He is nice, he just isn't aware of when he is. I think I fell in love with that part of him- or maybe it was the sweaters he lent, the quiet ways he showed me he cared about me- however platonic it may be- I was glad. I didn't mind the heartache that might ensue being near him while he dates a lot of people, I'm just glad to have him. That doesn't mean he can walk all over me though, and I'll be damned if I let someone do that just because I liked them. I worked too hard to be trampled over.

Shaking my head to bring myself back to reality, "Tristan, you are nice, you idiot." He sent me an unamused look that I only laughed at. "You're nice towards me, your mother, and," I paused, "Yeah, I can't think of anyone else, but you are nice, Trist." I said before I sat down next to him and rubbed his back, he rolled his eyes at the nickname but welcomed my touch. Fuck, don't think about the way he relaxes under your touch. Not about his back muscles either, focus you dumbass. "Treat Rory the way you'd treat me, but in a flirty way." Gods, did that come out wrong? "What do you mean?" He looked at me curiously, "You give me your sweater, you buy me random snacks you know I like and hug me when you see me. You tease Rory, and yeah that could add some sort of 'spark,' if you'd call it that, but you're borderline cruel sometimes. Tone it down a little. Maybe give her the chance to miss you. Wait," I paused "Isn't she with Dean?" Tristan nodded. Fury bubbled up in me, "What the fuck is wrong with you? She's taken Tristan. You don't go out there breaking relationships." I stood up. Was he mental? She's taken.

"Actually, I heard little Rory and her boyfriend broke up." Tristan and I turned around at the voice. Paris, Madeline, and Louis were looking at us. Instantly I felt relieved, but that didn't mean I was happy Tristan was flirting with her while she was in a relationship.

The realisation that that means he can date her hit me. I shook my head. We're happy for Tristan, we are. I said to myself.

"Oh, well, that's good then," I said, before realising how that sounded, "Not that they broke up, but because Tristan, yeah I'm going to stop talking." I sat back down next to Tristan. Paris rolled her eyes at me. We were friends, we just didn't really show it. Madeline grinned and Louis sent me an amused smile. Louis and I haven't really talked since last summer when she asked me how I knew I was bisexual, then kissed me. There was no harsh feelings, I'm glad I helped her realise she was bisexual as well, though.

"We're going to be studying soon, are you going, Lynn?" Paris asked. Well, demanded, but then again when doesn't Paris sound demanding.

Tristan and I looked at each other. We were planning on staying at his place for a while and just relaxing before he went to the basketball court with his friends. I cocked my head to the side asking him a silent question.

"Would you guys stop doing that? And besides, you don't need to be together 24/7." Paris said, annoyed she still hadn't gotten her answer.

I let out a silent chuckle before accepting her offer. "What time are we meeting up and where?"