Level 1: New Beginnings (Prologue)

TW: Self-harm (Hinted)

May 18th, 2010
Time: 7:23 pm

Bagong simula...

Entering my almost empty room brings my feelings of nostalgia on a constant roller coaster. I'm inches from leaving the home I grew up in, it's like the unexpected mob of zombies in what used to be my various collection of retro video games. Which I've given away months ago, and given up on.

Sitting down on my mattress, in my graduation attire, holding a grip on my acceptance letter to a college across the sea is a level I never thought I'd unlock. Especially full-ride, all expenses covered.

I catch a couple of muffled knocks against my wooden door, trying to get my attention. I glance up and meet the eyes of my friend, also striking their graduation outfit minus the cap.

They don't even try to force a smile as they form a flat line across their mouth. Leaning on the door frame, noticing the acceptance letter.

"You sure you wanna do this?" They asked troubled. We clearly discussed this a month ago and mostly everyday, however seeing my reserved self a couple of days before the date. Made them rethink my words.

"Never been more sure." I neutrally respond. They slightly nod and are about to head into their room, however I stop them in their tracks right before taking a right. With one simple, yet difficult question. "Are you?"

As expected, they paused. Having a rough grip on the door frame, knuckles turned white, their head looking down with a frown plastered on their face. "I'm so ready to leave this place."

_______________

May 20th, 2010
Time: 4:15 am

I'd always thought flying on an airplane was the scariest thing in my life, being several feet off the ground, having to trust someone else with your life, not knowing if you'd land safely. Yet, the sensation to finally take the skies for the first time, it feels... Refreshing?

I've learned to trust those who KNOW how to fly an aircraft, but I was wrong with how they'd pilot it. I've learned not to fly away from my fears. I was taught, if you are ever comfortable in something, then bud, you must start getting comfortable being uncomfortable because in order to survive in life, those are the rules. Traveling and planning to live in a whole different country... It-

It was not my intention for starting out my college journey. I had planned to go to our local community college, set on a couple of scholarships in order to leave me debt free, go with my friends, buy a small apartment with the one I loved. 

Study what I had been passionate about alongside my best friend, have family holidays and find potential love, I had everything planned.

Yet here I am, glancing at random airplane lines, stationed at their corresponding gates. Either the ones resting on the ground or the ones already taking off into the sky. Escaping this hell of a state. Who could have imagined

I would soon live in London

all because of

One incident. That didn't relate to the SQUIP at all. The expected became unpredictable...

After getting our breakfast with a side of energy drinks from the local Starbucks inside the New Jersey International Airport, the intercom spokesperson called out for flight 8 heading to it's next destination: London, England. I sped up my pace to the gate where I had left my stuff with my travel buddy. I gaze trying to pin point where they-