Level 4: Journey

Michael

I sighed as I picked up the phone call. "Jace, what's up?" I glance towards Rich, almost as if I was telling him 'thank gosh it's just Jace.' I watch as Rich's shoulders relaxed at hearing Jaces' name come out of my mouth.

"Hey Mike, really weird request I'm about to ask, but can you and Rich come down to the performing arts college building to room 17. Please?"

I fumbled with his request. "Uh, why?"

"Don't question it, just come. Good? Great! See you then!" And before I protest any further, he hung up on the other line.

"Umm okay?" Saying it a tad bit loudly as I tugged my phone back into my pocket.

"What did he say?" Rich asked curiously.

"Jace was asking for us to go to the performing arts college building."

Rich looked as confused as I did, which was logical. "Why?"

I shrugged cluelessly. "Beats me, I have the same doubts as you."

Rich slightly chuckled at a true thought that just came up to his mind. "Knowing Jace, he has something in mind."

I giggled. When he has something in mind, he sticks to it until the impossible prevents him from it. "Yeah might as well go check."

Rich offers to carry our leftovers in his bag sense I wasn't carrying one. I gratefully accept and we make our way to the performing arts building.
_____________

Song: You're in the Band from School of Rock- https://youtu.be/oxxUnczjkfc

After a 10 minute walk, we reach room 17 and head inside. As expected, Jace was patiently waiting for us on one of the stools that as available in the room. Yeah, this was the same room where we met Ezra on our "orientation" day. He notices us and gives us a little mischievous wave.

"Hey Jace? What's going on?" I asked

Jace smirks fondly. "Welcome gentlemen. We ready to play some music!"

I'm sorry? I quickly glance at Rich in almost immediate panic. He both had the same look and idea, the 'did you hear that too?' thought "Wait what-"

Jace leaped out of his seat and grabbed both of us by the arm "C'mon move your bottoms and pick an instrument. Let's get this show on the-"

Both me and Rich manage to escape his grasp and we managed yell out. "JACE HOLD UP!"

He stopped momentarily and watched us. Rich glanced at me, asking if 'he should ask or should I.' I slightly look down to tell him I'm going to do it. I calmly turned to Jace. "Why are we picking instruments and most importantly why are we here?" I said pointing down at the floor with my hands.

"Well, we've got to get the YouTube channel video started. We have to assign this damn instruments already."

Rich jumped in the conversation as he realized something wasn't adding up. "Hold up. Are you even supposed to be in here?"

He snorted amused. "Duh, I belong in the music department-"

But that wasn't convincing enough and we knew better. "I mean is this YOUR classroom?"

That's when his laughter stopped, but however continued to smile. "Nope, it's more like Ezra's."

Of course. We frown and eye him suspiciously.

"But he's busy, somewhere. Anyways, might as well get an idea on what we should play huh?"

I sighed irritated. I allowed some insecurity to show in my speech. "Jace, I'm still kind of deciding this. I don't know yet."