5. Huffle-Harry (Hedric, AU, Fluff)

An AU where the Dursleys loved Harry dearly and he was the epitome of a Hufflepuff.

Harry Potter was adored by his relatives. Despite their hatred of the abnormal, how could they hate the sweet baby they saw on their doorstep. Harry Potter with his scarlet red hair and sparkling green eyes stole Petunia's heart at first glance. He was so like Lily, her sister she was once close to. Harry grew up pampered and spoiled, but unlike his cousin he never took it for granted. Young Harry was currently playing a videogame with his cousin Dudley when his aunt and uncle called him over.

"Harry dear, could you come to the living room?" Petunia called from downstairs.

"Coming, auntie!" Harry yelled back before apologizing to Dudley and running down. Vernon and Petunia smiled as the sweet boy sat down obediently on the sofa. Harry waited patiently for whatever they had to say as he fiddled with his overall straps. The adults both sat on each side of him, bracing themselves to breaking the news.

"Harry, as you know your birthday is coming up soon," Petunia started. Harry gave her a grin.

"I know, auntie! You don't have to get me anything special, a book would be fine," he told them. Vernon laughed and patted him on the back.

"Nonsense, my boy, you deserve the best, not just a single book. But that's not why we called you." Harry tilted his head, strands of messy red hair falling to the side.

"What is it?" he enquired curiously, kicking his legs in anticipation. His relatives gazed at each other a moment.

"Harry sweety, remember when you turned your teacher's hair blue?" Petunia started gently. Harry nodded thoughtfully.

"I still have no idea how I did that," he said frustratedly, puffing his cheeks. Petunia gave a small smile.

"The truth is, you're a wizard." Harry's eyes widened and he stared at his aunt in disbelief.

"A wizard? As in I can do magic?" Vernon was the one to answer.

"Yes, Harry. You can do magic. Your parents were magical too. On your birthday, you'll be getting an acceptance letter to their boarding school." They were surprised when Harry's eyes suddenly teared up.

"B-but I don't want to leave you guys! And Dudley will be lonely!" he cried in concern. Petunia felt her heart warm at his concern and hugged him.

"Oh, Har. You'll still be our little boy. But you should go, your parents would want you to." The young wizard stared at his relatives before sighing. He loved them, but his parents were his parents even if he never knew them.

"Okay, I'll go. But I'll miss you." Vernon gave a weak grin. He may not like the idea of magic, but Harry was practically his son.

"Hey, we'll write you, alright bud?" Harry gave a more genuine smile back.

TIMESKIP

"Auntie! Uncle! I got my letter!" he exclaimed as he sorted through the mail. Dudley looked up from his food and waddled over to his cousin.

"Ooh! Harry, let me see!" he demanded. Harry smiled at his cousin and scooted over so he could sit beside him. He scanned the letter with a frown.

"Auntie, where do I get all this?" he asked in worry.

"No worries, we'll be going to a place called Diagon Alley. I'll bring you myself. I haven't been there since I was a child." Harry grinned.

"Can Dudley come?" Vernon seemed to hesitate. As much as he loved Harry, he didn't want Dudley in their environment.