Chapter Five - Chewing Gum

Hussain just left because his mum called. I plopped down on my bed. I still can't believe I was hanging out THE Hussain Asif. The guy who I used to watch on YouTube everyday was now one of my closest friends.

Later that afternoon, Hussain called me to meet him at Pizza Hut. We ordered and started eating when suddenly I noticed Hussain was looking at me.
"Can you not look at me while I'm eating?" I said, chewing my pizza.
"You have stuff on your face." He said. I wiped off the crumbs off my face.
"They're still there." Hussain frowned.
"Why are you so bothered?"
"Cause I can't bear to see stuff on people's faces." Hussain said, clearly annoyed. I sighed and wiped away the remaining stuff.
"Still there." He said.
"OMG. If you're so bothered, do it yourself." I blurted. Shit! What the hell did I say? But in the next second, I saw Hussain near my face. He slowly wiped away the sauce from my lip with his thumb. His face was so close to mine. Then Hussain took a tissue and wiped the remaining part from around my mouth.
"Like a bache." Hussain muttered. But he was so close to my face I could hear what he said and feel his warm breath...shut up Fida!
"Hey! You're like a bache!" I pouted.
"That's what a bache would say." Hussain smirked. I narrowed my eyes at me.
"I'm gonna tell on you." I whined. Hussain started laughing and patted my cheek with his sauce stained hand.
"Aye!" I said, moving his hand away.
"Oh by the way, I want you come with me next Saturday." Hussain smiled.
"Where?"
"Coney Island. It's Waqas' sister's wedding." Hussain said, wiping his hands. I nodded.
"Okay, I'm done. Should we go?" I said, putting our stuff in the rubbish. Hussain nodded.
"Wait." He said. I stood right where I was.
"Akhen band, Mandira." Hussain grinned. I laughed and closed my eyes. Suddenly I felt Hussain kiss my cheek right where he had put the sauce stain. My eyes fluttered open.
"Chalo. Do you want me to drop you home?" Hussain said casually. I shook my head shyly.
"I-I have my car." I blushed.
"Bye Fidu." Hussain waved.
"Bye Hussain." I smiled and went back to my car, grinning. He kissed me. On the cheek. Yay.

Shehry's P.O.V

After I finished talking, Hussain came to our room and sat down on the bottom bunk.
"So how was bhabi?" He smirked.
"Chup kar! Beigharat!" I glared. This guy, I swear. He's always teasing me and Waqas about girls.
"OMG. Shehry, she'll be a family member soon. Obviously I want to know how she is." Hussain pouted. I rolled my eyes.
"You'll meet her anyway." I mumbled.
"What?! When?!" Hussain asked loudly.
"One day." I said casually. Hussain punched my shoulder. I chuckled.
"Shehry. You like her right?" Hussain asked seriously. I sighed. It's weird how Hussain always understood how I felt.
"I guess..well, yeah.. I mean, she's funny and just a good person overall. I still haven't met her though." I smiled automatically. Hussain patted my back.
"Acha, once you do though, teri shaadi toh pakka. Ab meri liye do ladki dhoond." Hussain winked. I smacked the back of his head.
"Badtameez." I smirked.

Fida's P.O.V

The next week, I wore a red salwaar kameez and got ready. Someone knocked on my door.
"Come in." I called.
"Oye hoye! Looking like a princess for your Prince Charming, hey?" Ayesha winked. I smiled shyly.
"It's a wedding yaar. I have to look good." I blushed.
"Or is there some other reason?" Ayesha smirked. I glared at her.
"Matter of time before it's your own wedding anyway." I smirked back. Ayesha glared at me.
"Badtameez ladki." Ayesha said, shaking her head. I grinned. Before I could say anything else, my phone vibrated. I opened it to see Hussain's text. He was here.
"He's here." I  grinned. Ayesha hugged me.
"Be safe, have fun and don't be a saroo like always." Ayesha grinned. I slapped her arm lightly and went downstairs to Hussain's car. We arrived at the venue and entered.
"Hey, I forgot to tell you something." Hussain muttered to me.
"What?" I asked quietly.
"You look khoobsurat." Hussain gave me that beautiful smile.
"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." I smiled shyly. Hussain was wearing a black salwaar kameez with red designs and a red dupatta. We walked over to his family.
"Mama, this is Fida." Hussain introduced me to a woman sitting on the chair.
"Assalamulaikum." I greeted. Hussain's mom smiled at me.
"Walaikumsalam. Hussain's told me so much about you." She smiled. Before I could reply, a little girl wearing a white salwaar kameez toddled to Aunty.
"Oh, before anything else, let me introduce you to my sister, Maha." Hussain grinned, picking the little girl up. Maha hugged Hussain by the neck. The scene was so adorable. A man came up to us. Must be Hussain's dad.
"Hussain, give Maha to me. She just woke up from her nap." He said.
"Jee Baba." Hussain said, handing Maha to their dad. I walked with Hussain to the stage where Waqas was standing with some other people.
"Yo Sain!" Waqas hugged Hussain. Waqas fist bumped me.
"Fidaaa! Glad you could make it. Lemme introduce you." Waqas grinned. He pulled a guy by the arm.
"This is my brother Kamran." He smiled. The guy smiled at me.
"This is Fida, Hussain's girlfriend." Waqas smirked. I nearly choked.
"W-what?" I stammered. Hussain punched Waqas.
"Just friends." Hussain glared. That hurt my heart a little as well as relieving it. Kamran smiled.
"Nah I know you're friends. Waqas is just jealous cause he gets nervous talking to girls." Kamran chuckled. Hussain high fived him while Waqas glared at them. Two guys came up to us.
"Waqas, did you set the playlist?" The guy in the orange salwaar asked. Waqas nodded.
"By the way, this is Taimoor, my cousin and this is Khurram bhai, my sister's husband. This is Fida, Hussain's friend." Waqas introduced. Taimoor and Khurram bhai both smiled at me and walked off. I walked with Waqas and Hussain to their family. I was feeling a little out of place but I felt so much better with Hussain.
"These are my sisters, Ambreen but we call her Amber and Nausheen who we call Noshi." Waqas introduced. Ambreen api who was wearing a pink salwaar kameez grinned at me while Noshi api smiled at me, carrying a little baby.
"You're Fida right? We've heard so much about you." Ambreen api said. I smiled and nodded.
"Uh, hey Fida. Is it okay if you stay here for a bit? I'm going to go look for Shehry." Hussain asked. I nodded and he left. A little girl came running.
"Amber khala, Taimoor mamu is calling you." She smiled cutely. Ambreen api nodded.
"Oh Fida, this is Iman, Noshi api's five year old daughter and the little baby is her son, Shayan." Amber api introduced.
"They're both very cute." I grinned.
"But naughty as they are cute." Nosh api chuckled. Amber api left with Iman and soon Hussain and Waqas came back.
"Okay, Shehry's with Samir. Let's go." Hussain smiled at me. Together, we walked over to Shehry who was standing with some guy.
"Hey Shehry!" I grinned.
"Hey Fida." Shehry grinned back.
"Fida, this is Samir, Saqib bhai's cousin. Saqib bhai meaning the groom." Waqas smiled.
"And this is Fida, a classmate of ours." Shehry introduced. I smiled at Samir, who nodded at me.
"And my girlfriend." Hussain butted in. I narrowed my eyes at him. Shehry smacked the back of his head.
"Khotey." Shehry muttered. I giggled. Shehry smiled at me.
"See Hussain? Everyone wants to see you get hurt." Shehry winked at me. I shook my head.
"A loser like him deserves it." I chuckled. Hussain stuck his tongue out at me. We all laughed.
Later, dinner was served.  I sat down next to Shehry on the stage while Hussain sat next to me. On the chair next to Shehry sat Shehry and Hussain's mom. Another woman came and sat down next to their mom.
"Assalamulaikum Shaista bhabi!" The woman grinned. Shaista aunty smiled back politely.
"Walaikumsalam bhabi. Kaise ho?" Shaista aunty asked.
"Haan, mein bilkul theek hoon! Arey, yeh tumhare bara beta hai na? Uska naam kya tha?" The woman asked, looking at Shehry.
"Shehryaar." Aunty said calmly.
"Haye! MashAllah! Kitna bare ho gaya! Nazar na lage!" The woman exclaimed, pinching Shehry's cheek. Hussain and I stifled our laughter. Shehry rubbed his cheek, with an annoyed look.
"Arey bhabi, are you thinking of his shaadi yet?" The woman asked. Shehry looked at us with his eyes wide. Hussain and I started smirking.
"Bhabi, the girl sitting next to him is so beautiful. They would make a perfect couple." The woman grinned. Now it was my turn to raise my eyebrows. Hussain winked at us. I kicked his leg.
"Bhabi, aap fikar na kare. I already have someone in mind for Shehryaar." Shaista aunty said, smiling. Woahhh!
"Ohh acha. Bhabi, remember to definitely call me at his wedding. Okay, I'll talk to you later. Let me talk to Shahana bhabi." Saying that the woman left. The second she left, the three of us burst out laughing.
"I swear, they have nothing to do except to look for marriages for other people's children." Shaista aunty shook her head, laughing with us. Waqas came over to us.
"Guys, it's time for the performances! Shehry, Hussain, let's go." Waqas grinned. I sat down on the chair next to Shaista aunty and we watched their performance. At the end, they sat down on the stage again.
"Guys that was awesome!" I exclaimed. The three of them grinned at me.
"Thanks Fida! I made the dance." Shehry chuckled.
"You should put this on your YouTube channel. Everyone would love it." I suggested.
"Yes, definitely!" Waqas grinned. After another performance, dessert was served and I stood around chatting with Shehry, Hussain and Waqas. Waqas was talking with Samir, when Waqas started dancing. What the hell was going on? I looked at Hussain, who had the same confused look on his face. It looked like they were having a dance battle. Shehry kept trying to calm Waqas down. I stood a bit behind them with Hussain, watching the scene. Hussain kept struggling with his dupatta.
"Yo, are you okay there?" I asked. Hussain groaned and took his dupatta off.
"This is so annoying!" He said, frustrated. I took the dupatta and put it around his neck properly.
"Now don't touch it." I said. Hussain nodded.
"Thanks." He smiled.
"You don't even know how to wear a dupatta." I giggled. Hussain grinned.
"I'll get used to it. I don't wear desi clothes unless it's a wedding." He said. I looked back to Waqas and Shehry who looked like they were having a dance battle with the groom's cousins. Sadi Gali was playing when suddenly Shehry pulled Hussain who pulled me, to get us to dance. We did some bhangra when the song finished.
"Yaar, that was so fun! You guys are awesome." Samir grinned at me and Hussain. We smiled back.
Later, Shehry, Hussain and Waqas did another performance, this time starting off by handing out pictures of the groom. I sat down on the stage next to Kamran and watched them. They danced to a lot of songs including Dhanno from Housefull where they got Amber api to walk past the stage. Amber api walked past us.
"Aye hay, Mash aa Allah! You dance great!" Taimoor grinned.
"Better than you." She smirked and sat down next to Shaista aunty. Khurram bhai and Kamran giggled. Taimoor shot them a look to which they shut up. Later, Hussain, Shehry, Waqas finished and they sat next to me on the stage with Hussain next to me. The groom's cousins started dancing. They were very aggressive and kept coming towards us as we were the bride's side. Hussain suddenly scooted closer to me and put his arm on my other side. I looked at him. He was still watching the dance. Did he not realise this was making me fall more in love with him?

Later that night, everyone started leaving. Everyone except Hussain's family and Waqas' family. The bride and groom sat there, whispering to each other. Hussain was talking to Waqas.
"Okay, so we're all going to go in my car because Mama and Baba are taking the other car and Waqas is coming cause his family is too big." Hussain chuckled. Waqas smacked his head. Together, we went outside and sat in the car. Waqas drove while Shehry sat in the front while I sat at the back with me on the left and Hussain on the right. The ride was silent until the car turned to the left and Hussain literally fell on me. Yes, he was very close to me. Yes, my heart was pounding. Yes, I couldn't breathe. I gulped and sat up straight which didn't make a difference because our arms still touched. I was like dying here.
"Kya hua?" Hussain asked me quietly. I shook my head.
"Am I taking your breath away?" Hussain smirked. What?!
"What? No!" I said loudly. Hussain shuffled closer to me. I didn't mind but he was now really really close to me and I felt like I was going to faint.
"Hussain, calm down yaar. Fida will die because of your motiness." Waqas laughed from the front.
"Waqas bhai, you think I'm moti?!" Hussain pouted.
"Actually yeah you are. Lose some weight baby." Waqas laughed. I snorted. Hussain looked at me.
"You have any advice for me?" He smirked, leaning into my face. Oh shit! I quickly pushed him back.
"Yeah. You need chewing gum." I giggled. Shehry and Waqas burst out laughing.
"Oh my God Fida, that was awesome! Hussain you got burned!" Shehry giggled. Hussain pouted while the rest of us laughed.

The next morning, I woke up and stayed in bed, remembering the events from the previous night. I hugged my pillow. Did he like me? Nah, he can't. I'm not that good looking. We could just be friends...right? Argh! I don't even know. This was hurting my brain.
"Fida!" I heard Ami call. I changed and went downstairs. Ami was in the kitchen.
"Kya hua?" I asked.
"Oh kuch nahi! Bhool gayi." Ami smiled. I rolled my eyes and walked to the living room. I hated it when my mom did that. I walked into the living room to see Zee and Fahad wrestling over the remote. I walked over to them and grabbed the remote from them.
"Fida!" They both shouted in unison. I giggled. They were literally on top of each other.
"Um, first look at each other." I said, sitting down on the other couch. They both looked at each other.
"Get off me!" Fahad said angrily, shoving Zee off, causing Zee to fall off the couch. Zee got up, brushing his shoulders.
"I'm telling you, Dil Chahta Hai for life!" Zee said, pointing his finger at Fahad.
"Tu rehnde teri Dil Chahta Hai." Fahad muttered. I frowned.
"What are you guys on about?" I asked.
"I want to watch Dil Chahta Hai and Fahad bhai wants to watch Dhoom 2." Zee pouted, sitting next to me.
"We're going to watch DDLJ." I announced.
"Nahiiii! Fida, we always watch DDLJ cause of Hussain!" Zee complained. It was true. I usually watched it because of Hussain but now...I felt different.
"Let's watch. Zee go make some popcorn." Fahad ordered.
"No."
"ZAHIR ABBAS!" Fahad yelled angrily. Zee flinched and quickly ran out of the room. Fahad burst out laughing.
"Woah! I thought you were angry for real! I got scared." I said.
"Nah, it was only to scare Zee." Fahad chuckled. Ami came into the room.
"Fahad, kya hua? Why are you shouting at Zahir?" She asked, worried.
"Kuch nahi, Ami. He wasn't listening to what I say." Fahad grinned. Ami shook her head.
"Fahad, behave." She said sternly and left. After Zee brought over the popcorn, we started watching. Everytime I saw Shahrukh Khan, I would think of Hussain and his antics. I sighed. Is this love?

Heyyyyy! Hope you liked this update! Pretty long though. Vote, comment, share. The picture on this chapter is of Shehry. Please do check out my other fanfic on Hussain, Life's Full of Your Love.

Did you like this chapter?

Which was the best scene?

Favorite character?

Byeee :)