Jimin's Son || 16

jungkook stretches his back, pulling himself up from the chair that now feels hard and strenuous against his muscles. letting out a lazy yawn, he cracks his neck, grabbing the empty bottle, deciding to fill it up with some real water after having it sitting on his desk for more than four hours, making his throat dry just by knowing he doesn't have water in reach. isn't it what all humans face? needing something more than normal when you know you don't have it?

anyways, he got the bottle full, walking upstairs to his room, sighing at the thought of having to wake up early in the morning as he has another project shoot lined up, and it's already past one. he stops by aera's room, opening the door slowly, just enough to peek in and make sure she's actually sleeping instead of watching some movie or talking to those two of her idiots.

and just as he had thought, the sister looked quite oblivious of his presence, making him sigh at the sight of her sneaking her ipad inside her blanket along with what jungkook guesses are the snacks that he bought yesterday.

for once he wants to let it slide and mind his own business rather scolding her for staying up late and thinking she can fool him, but then he's all in form and pushes the door open. the blanket flinches with hasty and uncoordinated movements, dropping a few snacks down on the carpet while she struggles to turn off the screen of the electronic device.

"what did i tell you?" the brother crosses his arms on his chest, looking at the girl as she peeks out of the blanket slowly. eyes pleading him to let it slide and pretend like he never saw anything, like she was always sleeping on time.

"i'm sorry ?" she tries.

"that doesn't answer my question, aera."

"...you told me to sleep"

jungkook nods firmly at her mumbling voice, not showing any sign of softness that would give away that he's not in the mood to scold her. aera pouts, putting the ipad and the snacks away, laying quietly on the bed and looks at him.

"who are you trying to fool huh?" jungkook cocks his head at her as he steps near the bed, leaning down and pulls out a pack of jellies from under the blanket. aera stares at him with an unimpressed look, that makes him smirk victoriously. "i'm still older than you kiddo. i'm very well aware of all this."

"you're so mean" she grumbles, turning away and with a huff and pulls the blanket above her head. "you can go, i'm sleeping."

jungkook shakes his head, opening his mouth to say something but stops, frowning as he turns to the door he came inside from, "do you hear that too?"

"no. stop it, oppa, it's not scary."

"no, for real, do you hear that? is that noona?" he says, walking out of the room as aera now shows interest in his words and follows him out, hearing a soft whimper from jimin's room where haewon has been staying since the last four days, for jimin had a buisness trip and didn't want to leave his wife alone while she was almost completing the thrid trimester of her pregnancy and expected delivery date was told by the doctor to be later this week.

"noona?" he knocks on the door, recalling all the times jimin would call him or spam him with text messages asking if haewon was eating well, taking care of herself and not doing any heavy work. "are you okay?"

"ah jungkook?"

"yes? can i come in?"

"yeah..." the elder girl mumbles and jungkook opens the door right away, followed by his sister who is peeking from his side, eyes hinting confusion and worry on hearing haewon's groaning voice.

she's on the bed, sitting up with her legs hanging down on the floor. her one hand is placed on her belly, where the baby supposedly is and the other one is clutching the nightstand tightly. jungkook rushes over to her, shoving his water bottle towards aera and crouches down quickly holding her hand as he feels the temperature and pulse.