♤{CHAPTER 11}♤

⚠️ CONTAINS TRIGGERING CONTENT :: MENTIONS OF BLOOD, DEATH AND SUICIDE ⚠️

You were used to all the pain now. It was getting more extreme little by little. How much pain? How much suffering? What was your life now? Nothing. Only the broken pieces of your heart that you gave someone with trust were left. And absolutely nothing else.

"As I already gave you several chances, now it's time for the last chance. And don't make a decision that you will regret, y/n. Do you want your dad to stay alive? Choose one. Your dad's death, or you helping me to unlock the security?" Taehyung asked you which left you in a dilemma right away. Was anything less that this sadness also conquered you?

Your lower jaw was kept hanging and your face was nothing but a description of shock, sadness, sorrow and heartbreak. How could you let your father, the person who was always there with you since the beginning of your life, the person who always comforted you at your worst, the person who always gave you a ray of hope and strength, how could you let him die just because of that diamond which is making everyone crazy and making everyone turn into nothing but devils?

There was no chance you were letting your father die for such an invaluable thing. When you were just about to say something, your father spoke up, making you shut. "Y/n, don't save me. Save that diamond. Please."

You looked at his subconscious standing figure in shock. "But d-dad….. what is there in that diamond that you are r-ready to lose your life?" You asked him with a painful expression. Why did he want to lose his life for that diamond? You could see Taehyung rolling his eyes from the corner of your eyes. But what was more important for you at the moment were your father's words.

"Y/n… my child… have you wondered once why everyone is behind that diamond so madly? Even when they have so much money?" You swayed or head left and right as an indication that you didn't know.

He continued, "This is not only a diamond, but also a major vaccinating component for a pandemic disease that might come in future. The war that was held before in which the diamond was sliced into two, was indeed because of this diamond only as every single person of this world wanted this diamond in order to get vaccinated before time only and don't get affected by the upcoming fatal disease which might take a person's life within two days of its symptoms."

"And the only reason your mother died protecting the diamond was to save the upcoming generations of the world's lives. The reason why the Kims are behind this diamond that the Parks own is that they want their family and upcoming generations to heal from the disease beforehand. And also keep a backup for the case of emergency. But they won't be giving this diamond to the people who are below the poverty line."

"They will keep a very high price of this diamond's vaccination component and only higher families will be able to buy it and will keep stalks which will lack the needs of the needy people. It won't save lives, it will take lives. And to save the world, it is important to keep the diamond away from the Kims who want nothing but fame through it."

So this was the reality. Mom….. died saving the lives of millions of people….. Whatever you heard, it brought instant tears in your eyes. Your mother was definitely a great human being who saved the entire population and died in return. But on the other hand, were the Kims. The once-was-the-love-of-your-life was standing in front of you, full of greed. And nothing else. There was no way the tears could stop falling.

Right then you heard Taehyung say, "Done with your rubbish?" You looked at him with disbelief. Rage filled your eyes and heart. You weren't trusting anyone now. You just wanted everything to be safe.

Taehyung kept the gun on your father's head, who was sitting on his knees, hands tied at the back and his front facing you. "I'll just count to thirty. If you don't agree till then, then get ready to witness a death here."

You looked at your father's trembling figure, while Taehyung kept counting like a merciless and ruthless being. You couldn't see properly because of so many tears filling your eyes. Uncountable sobs were leaving your gape. You saw your father smiling at you, "My dear child, you can do it. Don't let anyone misuse the power. Don't let anyone destroy humanity. Don't let anyone….. weaken you."

Twenty-eight….. twenty-nine….. thirty. And you heard a loud gunshot. You closed your eyes as the last tear escaped your eyes, rolling down your cheek. And when you opened your eyes, your father, your world, your everything, was gone. He was killed. He sacrificed his life for humanity.

Everything turned upside down in the blink of an eye. It all seemed a dream, a nightmare, to you. A nightmare that you wanted to end right away. But the world was cruel to fulfill your wish at the moment. Everything was gone.

"DAD!" You screamed your lungs out, and kept screaming. But did anyone care about those painful screams? No one. No one gave a damn to your pain, the heartbreak you just experienced, when everything was gone of yours, when everything was snatched away.

You crawled up to the dead and unconscious body of your father which was drenched in blood by then. You touched his face in the hope that he might wake up, but once something is gone, it is gone forever. It can't come back again.

"N-no….. dad….. see….. y-you can't l-leave me d-dad…. YOU PROMISED ME YOU WON'T LEAVE ME LIKE MOM! Y-you promised to stay with m-me….. You were e-everything I h-had….. d-dad….. wakeup…… p-please……" And your voice cracked. You just hugged that unconscious figure of your father and kept on crying.

Then your eyes travelled to Taehyung's standing figure. Anger? You couldn't feel it. You had so much pain in your heart at that moment that you couldn't even feel the anger towards the killer of your own father. But revenge? That was one thing you wanted the most at that time. You wanted to kill the killer of your father right at that moment but you couldn't. As you were already painted with countless tears and pain.

Taehyung came near you and dragged you by your hand, away from your father's dead body. You kept screaming and crying to let you stay there for a while, in the hope that your father would wake up. You were behaving like a mentally unstable person. Your mental state was actually not well at that time.

You were just going through pain and nothing for more than a month now. What else could be expected from your mental state? You were mentally and physically exhausted now. You let Taehyung drag you to the other room.

"I'll take you to the security locker tomorrow. And this time, you will have to unlock it for me. No ifs and buts. You already lost your father because of your stubborn personality. Now don't let his sacrifice go into vain." He said and left you alone in the darkness of the room.

That night, you just kept on crying and only crying. Your sobs filled the entire room that night. Everything was gone. Only the pain, the tears, the feeling of sadness, the sorrow and the loss filled with air.

Then you heard a dripping sound from somewhere when you saw from the little hole in the window of the room that it was raining. Even the sky was crying because of the sadness this love gave you. Love was meant to be beautiful, but in the end, it was the ugliest thing you ever saw. You were surely exhausted, but you couldn't let your father's sacrifice go into vain.

Yes Taehyung, I won't let his sacrifice go into vain. I'll fight till my last breath.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/n::

I feel bad for y/n 's father😭😭 What do you think, it will be a happy ending or a sad one? 👀
Comment your thoughts :)

Thanks for reading💜