Chapter 4

After that day when Mikey treated my wounds we became much closer. It's been three months since me and Mikey met. We would hang out every day, and no, i wasn't forgetting about Chifuyu! Today i was supposed to be meeting some other members of Toman. Me and Mikey were sitting at the big table in "Moon Eternity". It was our personal favorite spot at this point.

"Mikey, I'm too nervous! What if they think i'm stupid or anything?", i asked, slightly shaking.

He chuckled and lightly hugged me, "Y/n, my friends aren't that scary, after all my lil sis and Takemitchy's girl will be here too!"

The door opened and we both turned our gaze to it. A group of teenagers entered the cafe, making their way to us. I recognized Chifuyu and smiled at him. We all introduced ourselves and sat down. There was a total of 10 people here: me, Mikey, Emma, Draken, Hina, Takemichi, Chifuyu, Baji, Mitsuya and Hakkai.

"So, Mikey", Baji spoke, "Is it your wifey you have been talking about?" I chocked on my tea, "W-wifey?", i elbowed Mikey. "You got it wrong, Baji, she's just uh.. a really close friend. Yeah, really close". The black haired guy smirked, "So it means i can ask her out? What do you say, Y/n?" I nervously laughed, Mikey glared at Baji. "Okay, okay, no need to get so defensive", Baji grinned.

While they all were busy chatting with each other, i looked at everyone, admiring their features. It made me sad, since that one thought popped up again. I wish we met earlier... Chifuyu coughed, drawing my attention. He pointed to the door with his eyes, as if saying that we need to go outside. "Mikey, i'll go get some fresh air", i whispered. He nodded and we left.

Meanwhile at the cafe:

Baji coughed, "Mikey, when are you going to confess to her?". Everyone turned to Mikey. It's not like they didn't know about it, on the contrary, they were curious.

"Shut up, Baji, we have a whole life ahead! I'll confess to her one day..."

The black haired boy raised an eyebrow, "Don't take too long. No one knows what will happen in even 5 months"

Mikey frowned at his statement.

....

"Chifuyu, what did you want to talk about?", i asked.
"Y/n, i'm worried. You have less than 3 months left..", he stared at the sky. "Mhm, i know. Is that all?"

He grabbed me by my shoulders, causing me to flinch at his sudden action, "What do you mean "is that all"? Do you not care at all? You won't be alive in 3 fucking months and you are so calm?"

I turned my head to him, he covered his mouth, seeing the tears. "Fuyu, i never was calm. Do you know how much it hurts? I made a lot of great friends by the end of the month and i know that i won't be able to see them soon. This thought lives in my head rent free, i cant stop stressing over it. I try my best to stay happy. Chifuyu, being in stress and bad mood will kill me faster, did you know that? I don't know now if i really have 3 months left. What if it decreased to 2? 1?", i fell on my knees.

"Y/n, you have to tell them. Right now, they're watching over us from the window. They have to know!", Chifuyu shook me.

"But i don't want to! I don't want to hurt them even more! I don't wanna hurt Mikey, since i fucking love him!", i covered my mouth as soon as i realized what i said.

Chifuyu's eyes widened, "You love him?" Y/n, he loves you too, he just doesn't know how to confess, Chifuyu thought. "Then you have to tell him first! Y/n, life's short, go fucking confess to him!"

I shook my head, "I cant yet! I cant! I'm too fucking weak to face the cruel reality! I still can't fucking believe that i have leukemia!", i cried out.

I heard something drop on the floor, "Y-you have what?" Both of us turned and saw our friends all shocked. Mikey came up to me, "Y/n, did i h-hear that right? L-leukemia?" His eyes were totally emotionless now. I opened my mouth to say something, but words never came out of it. Tears slowly formed in my eyes and started flowing down.

Others just silently watched the scene. Suddenly, Mikey grabbed my wrist, dragging away from them. We stopped at the back of some shop. He pinned me against the wall, "Y/n, explain yourself!" He put both of his hands in the area up my shoulders, blocking every the escaping route. "EXPLAIN WHAT I JUST HEARD!", he shouted, making me flinch. I couldn't hold back tears. Neither i could say a word. "I'm sorry, Mikey", was all i could say. His head was facing the floor. "It's true that i have leukemia." He gazed at me.

"I only have less than three months to live. There's no way i could be saved, right?", i smiled, still crying.

"Don't say shit like that! We will have you cured!", he spat, his voice cracking. He was on the verge of tears.

"Right, you will..", i nervously smiled. Mikey, i just can't bring myself into saying the truth.

I just can't be saved.

Suddenly, he leaned closer to me and pushed his lips on mine. I didn't know how to react. It was too spontaneous. I leaned in a kiss too. It was a short romantic kiss. Hopeless romantics.

Thank you for being my first and last kiss, Mikey.