chapter two

Peeta's POV

For awhile, Katniss didn't say anything. I immediately felt so stupid. I probably just ruined what little we had fixed between us since the war. After a couple minutes of silence, she looked at me. "Aren't you going to do something to celebrate us dating?" She asked. I smiled. "Really? You'll be my girlfriend?" I asked. Katniss laughed. "Yes." She said. I got up and went to kiss her but she stopped me. "No trying to kiss me when there's a plate of cheesebuns in front of me." She said. I grabbed a cheesebun off the the plate and took a bite. "Maybe we should give Haymitch a plate of them. I never saw him come in the bakery so he's probably never had one before. He might like them." I said. "Maybe. If you want you can make some for him. I'm going to go hunting." Katniss said, getting out of her chair. "Be careful in the woods." I warned her. "I'll be fine. But if you want you can come with me." She said. "No that's okay. I'll just stay here." I said.

Then it happened. In just seconds I went from talking to Katniss to almost immediately fighting with myself. Katniss saw the look in my eyes and left. I grabbed the chair and kept breathing heavy, trying to fight the flashback. I heard the door open and Haymitch ran in. He got in my face. "Listen. You are in district 12. The person responsible for your flashbacks and the hell you went through is Snow and he's dead and cannot hurt you." He said.

After a few minutes, I felt better. Haymitch looked relieved. "God Peeta you scared the hell out of Katniss. She's over at my house crying right now." He said annoyed "I'm sorry. The stupid flashback hit out of nowhere. I'm glad she left the house because I'm sure I would've accidentally hit her." I said. Haymitch helped me sit down in the chair. He went to the sink and filled up a cup of water then handed it to me. "Drink it." He demanded. I drank the entire cup of water. "Want me to send Katniss over?" Haymitch asked me. I nodded and Haymitch left, taking the plate of cheesebuns on his way out.

A few minutes later, Katniss walked in. I immediately hugged her. I could tell she was still crying because I could feel her body shaking from crying so hard like she did when my heart stopped in the jungle of hell. Also known as the quarter quell arena. After hugging me, Katniss pulled away. "Bye the way. Haymitch took my cheesebuns." Katniss said. "I'll make you some more." I said. "Thanks. You can make them right now." Katniss said. "How about we celebrate us dating by going to the meadow for a picnic lunch?" I asked. "I'm in if you bring the cheesebuns." Katniss said. "Awesome. We'll head to the meadow at one." I said. "Make the cheesebuns before you forget." Katniss said. "Message received." I said. I got started on making more cheesebuns. This time I made a lot more. I also made cookies and some other stuff for the picnic.

After I finished making everything, it was 10:30. I decided to do some painting. One of the things the doctor had said was to do things that make me happy. I went to the room I use as my studio and got everything out. Then I had an idea. I painted a picture of my favorite memory of Katniss. After I finished, I let it dry as I looked around for something to cover the painting. I finally found some cloth and a ribbon. I noticed it was almost one and the painting still looked wet. I decided to give it to her after we got back from the meadow. It should be dry by the time we get back. I put my painting stuff away and headed to the bathroom to wash the paint off of my hands. As I was doing that, I heard the front door open and close. "I still think you're an ugly cat, Buttercup. But I let you stay before so I will now." Katniss said. I heard Buttercup meow.

After I got most of the paint off my hands, I dried them and headed downstairs. Katniss was sitting on the couch while Buttercup sat on the floor, looking at her. "You could've at least let him sit on the couch." I said. "He hissed at me when I tried to pick him up." Katniss said. I could tell she didn't want to talk about the cat so I decided to change the subject. "Are you ready to go on our first date?" I asked. "Yep. Let's get going." Katniss said, standing up. I grabbed the food and we headed to the meadow.

Sorry I ended it here. The chapter was getting a bit long