A Waking Nightmare

The pitter patting of paws across a dirt road echo throughout the woods as a little Eevee ran as fast as he could, scampering to get back to the grotto he came through, but even at his fastest he never seem to get closer to the entrance. Looking behind him, his mismatched eyes widen in fear as a shadow like figure was chasing after him. As the figure got closer, its shape became more obvious as it looked eerily familiar to the Eevee. It was chasing the major differences being the coloration and its voice. Instead of light brown fur it was pale white and the white coat was instead a pitch black and where its eyes should have been where two empty sockets with black goo constantly pooling out of it and when it spoke its mouth always leaked the same substance that pooled from its eyes and when it spoke its voice was heavily distorted, sounding like a garbled mess. Attempting to push his legs to move faster to escape the being chasing after it the small fox wasn’t paying attention and tripped over a root in the middle of the path scurrying to correct himself and stand he began to look around to see if he could notice the figure looking at his surroundings he could not see the disfigured Eevee. Believing it to have given up on the chase turned around to walk towards the exit of the grotto only to run straight into something right in front of him looking up his mixed colored orbs of blue and red widened as the disfigured Eevee was right in front of him.

Being paralysed with fear, the small fox only stood there looking at the Eevee in front of him. It was slightly taller than him by a few a few inches and it was completely still just looking at him. This did little to state the Eevee’s fear and before he could react the disfigured Eevee spoke “why” this singular world was heavily distorted and caused more black goop to drip from its mouth. Despite this it continued to speak “why did you leave me behind Umbra” “It hurts” after saying that it seemed to wait for the now named Umbra to respond but still stricken with fear all he could say was “I..I..I’m sorry I” immediately the disfigured Eevee seemed to anger “You Left Me” It exclaimed and slammed its paws forward causing umbra to tumble backwards. From where the Eevee slammed its paws down, black goo seeping underneath Umbra. He began to violently thrash as he sunk into the puddle, but it was too late as he fell in, falling into a sea of black goo. Instincts took in, and he began paddling to stay a float which proved to be quite difficult as it felt as if he was swimming in pudding. Before he could question its surroundings he was dragged further into the goo by his hind paws, panic settled in and caused him to gasp as he tried to twist out of whatever had a hold of him but this proved to just exhaust him as he was pulled further down. Exhausted from struggling and air ways filled with the disgusting black goop, the Eevee’s movement was slowing as his air supply was dwindling, his vision was darkening as his body tried to take in air which only caused him to swallow more of the foul goo.

His vision was beginning to blur which did not make much of a difference as it was impossible to see through the sea of black his heart pounding trying to pump non existent oxygen throughout his small body, his lungs felt as if they were on fire burning from the lack of air his muscles ached from the frantic running and swimming his mind beginning to numb he could only think one thing “I’m sorry Fayble“. Then a voice different from the distorted and slush like voice of the other Eevee but more of a lighthearted tomboyish one spoke up calling out to the small fox “UMBRA!” this voice was familiar to the Eevee but he could not put his paw on it at least not right away before the voice spoke again “UMBRA WAKE UP”. A white light over took his vision and Umbra shot up huffing and puffing his body trying to expel the nonexistent liquid from it. After calming down, his red and blue eyes looked over himself. He was now much larger, with black fur and golden rings scattered throughout his black coat. Looking forward, the Umbreon saw what or who woke him. In front of him was a light blue rockruff with caramel eyes, looking at him with concern. “Another one”? She asked as the umbreon was collecting himself. He nodded his head after he managed to get his breathing under control. “I’m alright now, Taffy” the now named Rockruff looked at him, obviously not believing a word that came out of his mouth, but she decided not to pry further.

“My mother would like to see us said that we were requested to go on a mission” she said “when you’re done getting ready me and Frost will be waiting outside in the food hall so we can eat before mother tells us about the mission and client. Having said what she wanted to say the Rockruff turned and left back through the door. Umbra stood up and stretched to prepare himself for the upcoming mission looking over to the right of his straw bed he found his item bag looking through it he began to check over his items listing them off “Oran berries, reviver seeds, escape orbs, apples check” “that should be everything we need, might have to stop by Murkrow’s store later, we need some more apples and we could do with some pecha and cheri berries after the last mission”. turning the bag a little, the Umbreon open another part of the bag revealing a much smaller pocket and upon opening it he pulled out a picture showing to Eevee beside one another smiling. Seeing this photo, Umbra gave a small smile which quickly turned to a frown “one day ill find you fay”.

turning towards the door, the Umbreon readied himself for the upcoming day