4: Darling, You're Wet

Baby lays her head on my feet as Angel rips me a new asshole. I stare at the ceiling and wait for the yelling to stop.

" — done. Mari! Are you even listening!" he yells so loud that Baby wakes up. I roll my eyes and turn my body towards him. He's pacing back and forth while I lay down on my couch.

"No. Stop fucking screaming and maybe I'll listen," I say. Angel scoffs and throws a pen at my face. "Ow! You ass."

"At least I'm not fucking stupid," he exclaims. "I told you that I should stay. I'm not leaving anymore. I'll fucking hide in your fridge, I don't care."

I groan and sit up. While I understand his concerns, I know I can take care of myself. "I'm almost twenty-three, I think I'll be fine by myself."

"Mi corazón, I have over ten years on you. I've seen stubborn girls like you get killed for being too proud. I am not playing around. You're having security. End of discussion," he states, very matter of fact.

"Fine!" I finally give in and exclaim. "But I do not want fresh meat. Give me people you can trust."

Weeks later, we have had no sign of Dimitri. However, I didn't know whether to be glad or infuriated. On one hand, it is one less person to worry about. On the other hand, it is one more person to worry about.

No one knew an Escobar. We've had every name in the book but who the fuck is Escobar?

"Mi amor," Angel softly whispers as he knocks on my bedroom door. He comes in with sunken eyes and a frown.

Oh no.

"What's wrong?" I sit up from my bed and gesture for him to sit down. He deeply exhales and runs a hand through his tangled hair. "Angél, what happened?"

"Me vas a matar."

"What did you do?" I firmly ask as my concerned demeanor quickly changed to an angry one.

"You need to befriend Dimitri." I open my mouth to instantly protest but he shushes me. "No, hear me out. I know the last thing we want is him in our lives but we need to. Estaba hablando con Marcos y me habló sobre una mujer llamada Xochitl Romano. Apparently, she's the daughter of Gabriel Romano."

"What? I thought she died." I almost wince at the sound of his name. Through everything, hearing my mother's story about him was the worst thing I could imagine. I would do anything for him to be alive, just so I could torture him until he wished for his death.

"So did I. Bastard had two daughters, the one he really loved, Yesenia, is the one that died. The other night, at Santiago's club, she got shitfaced and danced with one of our capones. Her family has been tracking our family for decades. Mi corazón, they know who Marcos is. They know where he lives and where you live."

"But how the fuck does Dimitri come into play?"

He scratches his head. "He's... her best-friend?" I throw a pillow at his head. "I can't remember! But they're fucking close. We need him to get to her. He's our only leverage."

I groan. "I fucking hate this job."

Guess I'm going to Seducción. Why does every man love to go clubbing?

Skimming through my closet, I think of a game plan. What do I say to Dimitri? Hey, I know we tried to kill each other, but let's be great friends. I'm going to sound like a fucking lunatic.

I spot a black bodycon dress and decide it is perfect for this. Slipping on my red Louboutin's, I shuffle around my music playlist to find a song to play as I do my makeup.