6: Yes, Daddy

Two months until my birthday seems a bit insane to me. It feels as if I had just turned twenty a couple days ago. Being so young and at the front line, sometimes it's too hard. As dumb as it sounds, I want to be a normal fucking human.

It's been a little over a week since I've seen Dimitri. Surprisingly, it's been dead silence from the Romano family and honestly, it has me a bit puzzled.

"Is he cute?" Nayeli asks as she strolls into my room, drinking a Coke. I stare at her and she shrugs her shoulders. "What? I want to see him."

"Fine," I groan.

Mariana: Send me a picture of you.

Dimitri: Hello to you, too.

Mariana. Hi. Send me a picture of you.

Dimitri: It's an old picture, don't judge too much.

Wow, he is gorgeous

Wow, he is gorgeous.

I turn my phone towards Nayeli and her eyes widen. "I might turn to men just for him," she jokes and I snort.

Dimitri: Good enough?

Mariana: Yes. Thank you.

"It's suck that you can't keep him," Nayeli says. I shrug, he might be handsome but the only thing on my mind is the goal.

I have only heard the story of Gabriel Romano once and once was enough. Marcos and I were eighteen when my parents sat us down and told us the entire ordeal. A part of me was frustrated that he died that night, only because I wanted to castrate and show him what it means to fuck with this family. Later on, I started my own research on the Romano family. His daughter died in the crossfire at the hands of him, my grandfather and their men. But in true arrogant fashion, he blamed it all on my grandfather.

Although, it never mentioned Xochitl and never mentioned a son. Unfortunately, I need to get closer to Dimitri to find this secret son Gabriel had.

"Dude, I almost forgot to mention... Xochitl has a brother," I say as I turn my head towards Nayeli. Her eyebrows furrow and her face feigns complete bewilderment. "Diego mentioned how she and her brother ordered the hit on the club. We need to figure out who the extra Romano kid is and the best person I know is —"

"Me, obviously," she finishes. "Okay, I didn't find this the first time, so there's something I missed. I'm gonna go home and figure this shit out, I'll text you when I have something."

Nayeli leaves and I decide to spend my time in the living room with Baby. I'm scrolling on my phone when I hear a knock on the door. The front door opens and I see Angel standing with a bouquet of roses.

"Hola, mi reina," he softly says as he places the roses on the coffee table in front of me. He kisses my cheek and rubs Baby's head. "Sorry I haven't came to see you. Busy week."