21

☻ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ☻

"H-huh?" She was a little shocked from my action and I immediately let go and felt my cheeks heat up.

"I-I'm sorry! But now I finally remember. It's really you, Kanao! I was the girl you were talking about! Can't you remember? I told you my name and gave you a cookie bag!" I explained.

"Y-yes, the cookie bag! I still have it!" Her eyes got shiny and she took the bag out of her pocket.

"Oh wow! Hahah I can't believe you didn't forget about me... I'm so happy!" I hugged her again and she hugged back.

Days later

Tanjiro was finally able to beat Kanao. It was also my turn against Kanao and I also won! But of course I didn't splash it on her. The other round she won against me and it went all day long like this.

It was finally time to leave this estate and we all were saying a goodbye to everyone.

"Goodbye, Aoi-san. Thanks for helping me and my friends." I bowed my head.

"No need to thank me. Goodbye." She only said and then I went to the little girls.

"It was very nice with you three. Goodbye!" I hugged them all at once.

"Goodbye! Take care!" They hugged back. I also went to Kocho-san.

"Thanks for your help, Kocho-san. I hope we'll see again!" I bowed and smiled.

"Oh my, you don't have to bow to me. I also wanted to thank you for making friends with, Kanao." She spoke and I smiled.

"No problem. Goodbye!" I waved and went to Kanao lastly.

"Hey, Kanao!" I waved running over to her.

"Hello, Y/n." She greeted.

"You seem to be more talkative! I'm glad." I smiled and sat down next to her.

"Yes, Tanjiro was just here and also told me something like you did days ago. You both seem to be very close." She smiled and my cheeks heat up.

"Y-yeah! Oh, I also have something for you.....here." I smiled and gave her a bag.

"Huh?"

"Open it!" I said and she opened it. There were cookies that I baked at night when everyone was sleeping.

"Surprise!"

"Thank you, Y/n... I really hope we'll see soon." She spoke and hugged me.

"I hope so, too.... Farewell, Kanao." I hugged her back and then she let go.

"Farewell." She spoke and I stood up. I waved and went back where all the others were.

Our last task is to blow a very big gourd and we all did it! They also have us onigiri as a gift and we thanked them, but Inosuke already started eating. Tanjiro saw Tomioka-San there and he went to talk to him. The little girls started to cry because we had to leave.

"Aww... Don't cry. We really have to go or the bad demons will kill more people and we don't want that, right?" I patted their heads and smiled.

"Yes... You're right. Take care... Farewell!" They waved and I walked over to Tanjiro. Giyuu was already gone..

"Hey, Tanjiro.." I pulled on his sleeve.

"What's up?" He asked and I tensed up a little...

I'm gonna do it today! I might die at our next mission, so I want to at least tell him how I feel. I know he'll reject me, but I can't hold back anymore. I really want to tell him.

I'm sure we'll be still friends because he's a good guy and I trust him with all my heart. I think I fell for him at the first sight I've seen him. He's just so cute and everyone likes him, but who would like me...

I'm not like those other pretty girls. I wish I was more like Kanao or Aoi or Shinobu. They all are pretty girls, but I am just-... (you're beautiful<3)

"Y/n? Are you okay? I've been calling you for 3 minutes now." He placed his hand on my forehead and my cheeks heat up.

"I-I'm fine.... Thanks." I took his hand and shoved it into his chest. He just smiled at that action and closed his eyes.

"Tanjiro, I-.. I.. well uhm.. I-" He placed his finger on my lips and chuckled.

"I know what you want to tell me, but tell me another time, okay?" He had a tint of pink on his cheeks and I felt like dying of embarrassment..... He knows? He knows that I like him?... Maybe he thinks I want to tell him something else...? ..... Fine, I'll tell him another time.

We went to a station and a big thing was standing there and Inosuke was in panic. He didn't know what that was and thought that it's a creature... I also didn't know what it is and Tanjiro didn't know either. Zenitsu was talking about a train.... a train?

"Is it something where you have to train?" I asked.

"No." Zenitsu answered.

"But you called it 'train'." I pointed out.

"But it's not that training.." He spoke.

"OH I KNOW IT'S THE DEVIL!" I pointed at the 'train'.

"No."

"An angel?.."

"No."

"An animal?"

"No."

"I give up."

Inosuke then banged his head on this thing and Zenitsu was yelling at him. Then some men were coming at us and told people to call the police... Just because we have swords? Zenitsu quickly grabbed us away somewhere where no one could see us.

Zenitsu told us to hide our swords at our backs, but how is Inosuke supposed to do that when he has no haori.

The 'train' what Zenitsu was talking about was about to leave and Inosuke, Tanjiro and I were running after it. Zenitsu was also behind us. We got on the train and helped Zenitsu up. It was so fast!