~ Chapter 1 ~

Tw:
-Ranbutler angst
-Mentions of only having one point of life
-Mentions of memory loss (Lmao Memorylossboo)
-Mention of death/masquerade

Anyway enjoy...

~Ranbutler pov~

I ran down the staircase to get to where my master was. Sir Billiam the third, proud owner of this and more mansions and the host of a masquerade of which only me and him made it out alive because of reasons not needed for public knowledge. We leaked enough information it so they knew they were dead but not how they died.

For now everything is the same as it has been apart from the guilt I felt from killing Oscar and Karl. They were alright, especially Karl. He asked me a couple of personal questions about me which hasn't been asked before. I don't remember a lot about my past except that I was brought here at a young age. Sir Billiam is my master. Nothing more to it. My only point of life is to serve him until he's dead and I die myself.

He never seems to care about me but I know he at least had a little worry about me. After all if I was gone he wouldn't have anyone to do his work. To be fair he could do his own work but that doesn't matter.

I made my way to the final step, taking a deep breath as I prepared myself for the events that were about to comense. Sir Billiam was stood at the bottom of the stairs waiting for one of his "friends" to arrive.

The "friend" arriving was Sir Edward the sixth and is almost as rich as Sir Billiam himself. They aren't really friends but they need it for public status. Everything is public status in this world.

I sighed before quickly rushing off to get beverages for the new guest.

This was going to be one long evening....