'Everything'

Bucky stares into space, unable to get the ghost of Elle from his mind, in fact Elle has been a permanent fixture in his memory for 8 years, but after seeing her in the police station she has been at the forefront.
Sam has been watching Bucky, closely examining his intense stare, beginning to understand each tortured look, "whats going on in that big cyborg brain of yours?"
Bucky sits silently, unable to say anything other than "Elle."
Sam lets a little smile escape, knowing that Bucky is finally ready to open up.
Bucky's lips are pursed his brows furrowed, guilt eroding him.
"Tell me about her." Sam asks softly, not wanting to push him.
Bucky exhales slowly as the floodgates of memory open...
"She was everything to me."

***
Bucky and Elle lie on the apartment floor, their bodies intertwined, love flowing between them. Gazing into one another's eyes passionately. Bucky strokes Elles cheek with his thumb, a loving smile radiating onto her perfect face. She gently places her hand on top of his, tracing the bumps and curves of his cool metal hand.
"I love you Elle."
Elle releases a comforting sigh, kissing his metal hand again, she looks adoringly upon his face, taking her thumb and placing it in the dimple on his chin. Her favourite part of his body.
"I love you more Buck." Her voice sweet like honey, it echoes in his mind.

***
They are in Elles car, driving to the beach. She always asked to go to the beach, no matter the weather.
The breeze blows the scent of her shampoo and perfume around the car, sweet, floral and intoxicating. Bucky reaches over and pulls her closer to him, Elle slides over willingly and rests her head on his shoulder, enjoying the soft fabric of his t-shirt on her cheek, and the smell of his skin. Inhaling him.
She rests her head in his lap watching his lip curl as he concentrates on driving. His metal arm grips the steering wheel and with his free hand Bucky caresses Elles face. He looks down to read her expression, love.
He leans down and intimately rubs the tip of his nose on Elles, before planting a soft kiss on her pink lips.
"Keep your eyes on the road!" Elle giggles ardently as she gazes, lost in the love of him.
"How can I?" Bucky says between stolen kisses that he places over her entire face "you're so damn beautiful."
Bucky loves Elle, with every fibre of his being, and whats more is that he knows Elle feels the exact same way.

***
Bucky had had an idyllic life. Sam looked at the usually emotionless face of his best friend and mourned the life he could have. The life he should have. Instead, he has gone from one battle to the next. The few years of stolen bliss were lost once again. He never could catch a break, the well of sadness within Sam had turned, and bubbled into anger.
Sam clears his throat, "how did you meet?" Not wanting to push Bucky too far, but yearning to know more.
Bucky's expressionless face lets slip a small twitch of a smile escape as he remembers their first meeting.
"I met her when I was on the run, she saved me." His words cut into Sam, as he saw Bucky's mind transported back again...

***
The diegetic sound of the street market falls away to silence.
Elle stands elegantly behind a fruit stall, her hands tucked into the front pocket of a powder blue gingham apron. She smiles softly tucking her hair behind her ear as she bags up oranges, and hands them over to an elderly man. She nods her head respectfully.
Bucky looks around suspiciously, his black skip hat pulled down covering his face as much as possible, evading eye contact, trying to blend in.
He grabs 3 plums from a crate, and holds out his gloved hand to pay.
"Can you juggle?" Elle tries to catch your gaze, he lips pressed together in a teasing grin.
"What?" Bucky looks up puzzled locking eyes with hers.
She laughs sweetly, her lips part showing her perfect white teeth, "If you can juggle the plums, I will give you them for free."
Bucky's heart beats fast in chest, he offers out his hand with the money "I can't juggle." He doesn't know what else to say, the whole situation confuses him. Its been a long time since anyone has spoken to him, other than giving him orders.
Elle throws her hands up in mock protest "Alright, stop flirting with me! Jeez. I'll have a drink with you!" She winks at him cheekily, and takes his hand closing it and pushing it back gently. Instinctively Bucky puts it straight into his pocket.
"I...I wasn't...I'm..." Bucky struggles to form a sentence.
She makes him feel uncomfortably comfortable, and unusually without hesitation Bucky offers his name, "I'm Bucky." Its the first time he has ever told anyone his name, the first time since the 40's he has ever had the luxury of using his own name.
Elle looks up through her lashes at him, her deep brown eyes catch the sun, forcing the corners to crinkle in the most infatuating way, "I'm Elle, I get off at 5."
Bucky looks around at the bustling market, "really? Me?"
"Yes silly, you." She smiles fondly, her cheeks flush as she nods to you before moving along to serve a customer.

***
Bucky looks across at Sam, who is listening intently, hanging on his every word. Bucky inhales sharply through his nose, "from that moment, I knew I loved her." He snaps his head facing forward again, staring into an abyss, a silent tear escapes from the corner of his eye.