Smoke and Mirrors

When Akaashi hears the noise, he groggily lifts himself up to see Bokuto and Kuroo merrily trotting in. He meets their eyes before collapsing back on the bed, not caring that they found him.

"Keiji!"

"Starshine?"

At least my group chat name makes sense now.

Akaashi lets out a groan and snuggles himself under the covers more. There's some shuffling between the two intruders and silent a silent conversation that he ignores.

"Uh. Keiji." Akaashi can hear Bokuto take a few tentative steps forward. "I thought you weren't coming home until tomorrow. Did something happen? Are you sick?"

Something like that.

"I'm fine." Akaashi mumbles into the covers.

He can feel the raised eyebrows and wide-eyed looks focusing on him. He unconsciously lifts the covers over his face more.

"Starshine, is there a reason why you didn't tell us you were coming back? Did you not want to see us?"

I didn't care or have enough energy to bother with you. I was hoping you two would be having so much fun with each other that you would forget about me. I didn't consider Koutarou's love for plants interfering with that.

He lets out a noncommittal hum. "I would never think that."

There's soft footsteps approaching him followed by a dip in the bed. He peeks an eye open to see Bokuto biting his lip with furrowed eyebrows. He brushes some of Akaashi's hair away from his eyes.

"You sure you're okay?"

Define okay. Because I want to die. I want to pour acid all over myself to erase my tainted existence. I don't want to continue wasting your precious time.

"'m fine." He reaches out and grabs Bokuto's wrist. "Just tired. Lay down with me?"

"S-sure, babe." Bokuto strips his coat and all other unnecessary clothing before sliding under the covers with Akaashi and cuddling up against him.

"Um." Kuroo awkwardly shuffles near the room's entrance. "I'm just gonna go." He trails off.

"You too." Akaashi pats the empty space on the bed behind him, eyes closed again ready to drift off back into sleep.

"You sure?" There's a few tentative foot steps toward them.

"I won't repeat myself." Akaashi sleepily mutters snuggling himself into Bokuto's pecks.

There's shuffling and the sound of clothes falling to the ground followed by a dip in the bed behind Akaashi and arms wrapping around his torso.

So warm with both of them.

He tries to focus on going back to sleep but having two mostly naked men in his bed who are still having silent conversations about him makes it hard to drift off into the eternal slumber that he desires.

"I can hear both of you talking about me."

Bokuto give a little jump. "We weren't talking."

"You two can have entire conversations just by twitches of your face." He huffs and shifts a little. "'t's creepy as hell."

"We're just worried about you Starshine."

"At least someone's truthful." He lets out a deep sigh. "I just came back early because I hated being with my parents. They didn't have anything planned for the weekend, so it didn't matter."

At least, nothing to important to me. They probably just free labor from and attempt to set me up with another girl. Teaching me the importance of doing things their way and not loving men. More self-righteous preaching.