Chapter 2 - You have to be joking

Micky's POV:

I sat down for lunch at a table with Bobby and his friend Jack, who was in the year below us. I didn't feel hungry so I just picked at it. 

Jack was going on about something that I honestly wasn't paying any attention to. All I could think about was my old school...''Ah, okay no worries. Mick' do you want to come tonight?'' Bobby asked me. ''huh? Where? Uh...If you want me to?'' I said unsurely. ''Jack's house, to play the xbox'' Bobby laughed. ''Maybe, I don't know..Sorry I zoned out for a second there'' I told him with a smile on my face.

A girl with long blonde hair, green eyes and who looked so unbelievably beautiful walked past the table we were sat at. ''Miiiickkkkyy''' Bobby sang and snapped his fingers in front of my face, making me realise that I was just staring at the pretty girl. ''Oh, haha sorry'' I said awkwardly. ''AW LOOK HIS FACE HAS GONE ALL RED CAUSE HE LIKES BECKY'' Jack said just a little too loud. I looked around at what felt like a thousand pairs of eyes staring over at us. One of which was the gorgeous green-eyed girl, Becky...

''NO I DON'T SHUT UP'' I yelled back at him. Jack opened his mouth to yell back but before he could, Bobby put his hand over Jack's mouth. ''Shut up! Both of you!'' He moaned.  ''He started it though!'' I said...

*

''So you like Becky huh?''  Bobby said whilst nudging me as we walked to our last class of the day, P.E. ''No, what makes you think that?'' I replied without making eye contact with him. ''So what are we doing in P.E?'' I said quickly changing the subject, I didn't want to talk about that, not right now... ''Gymnastics or something shit like that'' Bobby told me sounding unsure of what he'd said. 

I changed into my P.E stuff and walked into the massive games hall. Bobby and his little group of friends were standing over at one side of the hall. ''Hey'' I said whilst jogging over to them. I was wearing a white short sleeved T-Shirt and shorts, but my socks went up to my knees.

''I'm gonna do a backflip, who'll put their hands out for me?'' I asked them. Bobby sighed and put his out in front of me. I took a step back and then flipped. ''Well done, you're the new boy Michael right?! Maybe you should think about joining the gymnastics team'' The teacher came up to me and said. The whole class was looking.

''You have to be joking, not to be rude or anything but... it's for girls'' I said and lowered my voice at the last part making sure no one would be offended in any way, and giving her an awkward look.

''Nonsense, we could use a boy in the team'' She continued on. I heard people talking about it from different ends of the hall. My face went a bright red colour, i'm sure it was redder than a tomato. ''I'll pass'' I said and walked away.

''Gymnastics boyy'' Bobby teased over and over for about ten minutes. ''Shut up!'' I hissed. ''You should think about joining the gymnastics team, we could use a boy in the team'' He went on and tried to copy the way the teacher had said it. I glared at him as I got all warm, red and embarrassed again. I just shook my head and continued on with the lesson.

It was about two minutes left of class when I  realised I was sweating buckets, so I decided to take my shirt off. A few girls kept looking at me cause of it which made me feel a bit weird.. 

*

I opened the front door to my house and walked in, throwing my bag into the cupboard under the stairs then going into the kitchen to find my mum sat at the table reading a newspaper. ''Hi Micky how was school? Did you make any friends? Do you like it there?'' She questioned me. ''It was..okay...it wasn't like my old school though. I made a few friends yeah.'' I said bluntly and looked out of the window above the sink. 

''Was it that bad?'' She asked me. I turned around to face her and said ''The P.E. teacher said I should join the gymnastics team mum..'' I admitted feeling embarrassed even thinking about it. 

My mum just looked at me for a few seconds and then giggled a little ''What's wrong with that?'' She said. ''I'ts for girls!'' I stated whilst crossing my arms. ''What's for girls?'' My dad said whilst walking through the door. ''Micky was asked to join the Gymnastics team at school'' My mum told him sounding happy about it.

My dad started laughing and it felt like he would never ever stop, embarrassed was an understatement to how I was feeling at that moment. ''Ughh Dad!'' I moaned. ''Well you always have liked that kind of thing'' He laughed and messed up my hair. 

I ran up to my room to avoid further humiliation and quickly closed the door behind me. I wanted to go back to my old school so badly... I decided to pick up my guitar and play for a while. I started to write a new song, that was my way of showing how I felt about things. 

After writing for what didn't feel like very long I noticed that it was 6pm, food could wait an hour longer. I went to sleep for a while, I really needed it...