1

Love;
Something people say when they feel strongly about that person, like they'd do anything for them and they'd always be there. People don't think of love as a strong, powerful thing. They think of it as a passion and as if it's all cupcakes and rainbows.
Love is clean.

Mazarine flips the page, continuing to read her characters words. Curiosity washes over her, wondering what love really is. Is it clean? Is it cupcakes and rainbows? Or is it the messy catastrophe she's been told?

Mazarine's thoughts get cut off when she hears a group of girls walk by.

"Did you hear that the Warlock king and his son are coming today?"

"Yeah their here for a few days. I wonder where their staying."

"I'd let his son stay with me." One girl smirks and the other three giggle while nodding.

Mazarine shakes her head and looks away to stop herself from further eavesdropping. She try's to continue to read but her mind keeps wondering back to the thought of the Warlock king and his son coming.

Will she see them? Will they interact? What are they doing here? Would she let the Warlock king's son sleep with her? Wait stop-

Mazarine blinks a few times and looks up from her book to stop herself from thinking about that. What was she even thinking? She doesn't even know the man.

Mazarine goes back to reading, letting her back get comfy against the brick wall behind her. It was certainly 5:30.

Soon enough the bell for a new arrival rang loudly throughout the village, warning everyone for the Warlock king and his son. No one really knows his name, he's not aloud to be out much. Or at least that's what Mazarine's been told.

Mazarine gets up and collects her things in her leather satchel before walking away, not wanting to add to the big crowd of people starting to form into one big clump.

Mazarine gets to her room and puts her stuff down after closing the door behind her. Her room feeling much warmer then the crisp cold autumn air floating around outside.

Mazarine walks over to her body mirror in her small room and looks herself over, greatful she hadn't run into the Warlock king and his son. Her long black curly hair dishiffled and frizzy with her rosey nose and cheeks, while she wears ripped jeans and a overly over sized t shirt that say ramen noodles with a picture of a bowl of ramen noodles.

Mazarine gets undressed and goes to her bathroom, noticing that it's around when the diner bell rings. She starts the shower and waits for it to warm up as she looks herself over in the mirror. She flattens out her hair and pushes it over her shoulders to let it fall down her back.

She runs her hands down her sides, observing her naked form with not confidence but not insecurely. Mazarine turns away from her bathroom mirror and walks to the shower, noticing the hot steam starting to form over the mirror.

Mazarine steps out of the shower, water droplets falling off of her and onto the mat under her. She wraps a towel around her, drying off before leaving the bathroom and to her closet.

Mazarine scans her drawers for something comfy and pulls out a pair of light grey jogging pants that are a size too big on her, a white tank top that shows her belly button and a black zip up sweater.

She puts on her black convers before grabbing her satchel and leaving her room, not minding to lock it behind her.

Mazarine walks down the corridor and to the front door of the brick building that holds 3 floors worth of rooms.

Mazarine walks down the street, the cold wind blowing through her wet hair starting to dry it. She walks to the diner hall where all the meals are hosted. People can come and go as they please and it's not a big deal if you chose not to come.

Mazarine pushes the big heavy wooden doors open to reveal a much nicer, fancier set up of the diner hall.

Twinkle fairy lights hang from the ceiling and dropping down the walls as well as nicely smelling candles set in the perfect places. The tables pushed together in sets of rows with flowers and small candles scattered all across each table.

Every person in the diner hall dressed nicely in either suits and dresses or skirts. It then hits Mazarine that it's only like this because of the Warlock king and his son.

"Excuse me Miss, but your not aloud to enter unless your dressed in the uniform for tonight's events."

A younger man clears his throat before informing Mazarine.

"What's the 'uniform for tonight's events'?" Mazarine questions, putting mental quotations around the end of her sentence.

"You must wear jewels and rich designer clothing, to not offended the Warlock and his son."

"And what if I don't have 'jewels and rich designer clothing'?"

Mazarine questions, annoyed.

"Then I can not let you enter. I'm sorry Miss."

Mazarine sighs with a nod before walking back to her room to get changed.

She normally wouldn't care and would just go out somewhere else to eat but she wanted to see what was going on in the diner hall.

Mazarine looks through her closet and finds one dress that she's literally never wore before.

Mazarine slips on the dress and puts on her only pair of black heels

Mazarine slips on the dress and puts on her only pair of black heels. She lets her hair flow down her back in its natural wave before leaving her room.

Amias looks around the nicely dim lit room while taking a sip of his white wine, not paying attention to what his father and his close family friend, Daniel are talking about.

Amias observes the room before watching Mazarine enter, his eyes widen with how beautiful this woman is.

Mazarine looks around the room for a seat and walks over to one when she finds the table empty. It just so happens to be next to Amias, only making the intensity of wanting to talk to her stronger.

Amias can't seem to take his eyes off her from the way her hair glistens in the nicely dim lit room, to the way her skin glows from the candle light, the way she walks with such grace, the way her leg peeks out from the slit of her dress with every step she takes, and the way she looks so innocent and pure but mischievous and confident all at once.

The night goes on with Amias struggling to take his eyes off Mazarine, while Mazarine try's only her hardest to not make any sort of contact with the Warlocks son, to prevent the feeling of her face heat up.

Mazarine's eyes lock with Amias' for merely seconds before Mazarine looks away at the feeling of her face heat up, only for it to heat up more when she takes a small glance to his direction to see him still looking at her with an intense and unknown expression.

The night ends and everyone leaves the diner hall in an orderly fashion. Mazarine waits patiently for everyone to leave before leaving herself. On the walk back to Mazarine's room she bumps into a warm, hard chest.