ㅡ『6』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 6
Chrysanthemums,
Roses, and Lillies
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

EDWARD SNICKERED as Sebastian rushed to the door with a plate of chocolate drizzled waffles made by Esme as per his request. Marigold unexpectedly showed up on their door with her aunt hot on her tail.

And now, the three of them sat on the front porch with a happy nine-year-old having breakfast.

"Thank you, Sebby!" Marigold giggled as the girl happily indulged the waffles.

"Never run away from me again!" Rosalie exclaimed, "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Not that I don't want to see you" Sebastian smiled, "But what brings you here?"

"I was about to take her home" Rosalie said, gesturing the small bags and toys on the ground. "I happened to mention that this is where you live as we pass by, as you know, she just ran away from me and straight to your door."

"Missed me?" The raven-haired vampire asked, "I didn't miss yo—"

"Rude!" Marigold whined, "Can you take me home too? My aunt looks lonely walking alone."

"Mary, we shouldn't distur—"

"Sure! Why not?" Sebastian grinned, "Let me just dress decently."

The vampire stood up to enter the house once again. Grabbing a black blazer and puts it on top of his dress shirt. As he went out, Edward called out to him.

"That's nice..." Edward smiled, "This is better than seeing you sulking around the house."

"Shut up! You also do the same." The raven-haired grunted, "Be back soon"

Sebastian walked out of the house and gently scooped up the small bags laying across the floor. Marigold nod in approval, while the vampire gave her a confused look.

"Shall we?"

The three of them walked outside the house's gate. Rosalie hand in hand with her niece, while Sebastian carried all of their baggage easily.

"You know, you didn't have to..." Rosalie mumbled, "You could've said no to her."

"Yes, but I want to." Sebastian replied, "Plus, it gives me an excuse to spend more time with you."

"Silly you..." The blonde beauty smiled, "At least let me help you carry those."

She pointed to the bags in Sebastian's arms.

"Now. I'm not saying you're weak, I know you're a very capable woman." The vampire replied, "I just don't want you to strain yourself. Just keep an eye on the little gremlin, yeah?"

"Har har!" Marigold exclaimed.

The three of them arrived at a white lovely home. Almost looks identical to Rosalie's house. The only difference is that the Hale residence is much bigger than this one. Just enough for a family of three.

Sebastian watched as a young woman around Rosalie's age opened the door. He assumed that it was Marigold's mother. The woman offered to let them stay inside for a while, but Rosalie declined, saying she has an errand to do. The vampire took all of the nine-year-old's belongings inside.