ㅡ『16』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 16
Bella Swan
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

ISABELLA SWAN WAS the new talk of town. News of Sebastian Donovan's arrival later became old news as it was replaced with the arrival of the chief of police's daughter.

Others were buzzing around the courtyard, trying to get to the new girl before others could. They were excited. The Swan was the new shiny toy. Someone unfamiliar, yet so intriguing.

However, Bella wasn't really a fan of socializing, the idea of her first day of the new school made her nervous. She would rather indulge herself in books than talk about boys with other girls. Everyone knew each other, she was an outsider.

The loud engine of her truck gathered the attention of the students at the parking lot. Already feeling eyes staring at her truck, at her, the Swan fidgeted to herself before switching off the engine.

A low hum and creaks sounded before it completely died down.

"Nice Ride." A boy sporting a red zip up chimed as Bella got out of the vehicle.

She didn't know whether he was being serious or sarcastic. She later knew the answer when she heard the woman beside the man mutter "good one."

Bella chose to ignore them.

The Swan walked to the entrance of the building, staring at the piece of paper on her hand where her schedule was written. How was she supposed to find the classrooms?

That was before a figure slowly appeared on her side. Eric Yorkie.

"You're Isabella Swan, the new girl." Eric greeted, not giving the girl a chance to answer before continuing. Bella could only give a small nod. "Hi! I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place."

Bella didn't know whether she should be happy that someone approached her first, knowing that her quiet self wouldn't dare to introduce herself to a hormonal teenager.

"Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on?" Eric continued

Bella sighed internally, this will be a long day.

~

"All I'm saying is why couldn't we take my car?" Sebastian groaned from the back seat of Rosalie's convertible. "And why do I have to be in the back?"

"Are you saying that my car sucks, Sebastian?" Rosalie taunted with a smirk. "Stop sulking, Alice won the bet."

"I'm just saying that the corvette has more class." The Donovan shrugged, "I would never doubt your taste in cars, Hale."

"Where do you plan on letting us sit if we did bring your car?" Alice chimed.

"Rosalie in the passenger seat of course, you however, could fit in the trunk pixie."

"You're rude."

Sebastian smiled, "I know."

"How do you like your outfit for today?" The short-haired vampire asked, excitement flowing through her voice.

"I'll be honest, it's good for a casual wear."