☆-𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 -☆

[[The Doctor, The Scavenger, and The Little Girl]]

[3rd P.O.V]

(Y/N) had just gotten
out of Happy Hour at The Rat Trap Pub and is now walking to the home of Basil of Baker Street. Now, she knows a majority of Ratigan's Thugs hang around at that pub, but she can never say no to seeing her friend Mrs.Kitty. Besides, nobody even notices the female mouse wearing a turtleneck covering her mouth and nose, as well as a hooded trench coat. Anyways, (Y/N) was on her way home when she heard sniffling coming from an alleyway. (Y/N) stopped and crept closer to an abandoned boot where the sniffling was coming from. She peeked into the boot and sees a little girl and an elderly man sitting on a matchbox together. The man then notices (Y/N) and gestures for her to come in, which she does reluctantly while taking off her hood.

The girl looks at her
with glossy eyes which pulled at (Y/N)'s heartstrings, kids were her weakness after all. She then realized that this was the daughter of the toymaker, Hiram she thinks his name was. He was a kind soul and a wizard with toy-making. He would often ask (Y/N) to find scraps and parts when he was running low on materials, which she was always happy to help with. His daughter was such a delight as well, asking if she would play with her when she came to visit the small family. "M-Ms. (Y/N)...?" Olivia stuttered out in recognition as the man looked at her in surprise and asks, "You know this woman?" "Ye-Yeah, she comes to play with me and help my daddy..." Olivia answered the man. The man faced me and smiled, "Allow me to introduce myself then, I am Dr. David Q. Dawson. A surgeon from her majesty's sixty-sixth regiment in Afghanistan." He held out his hand for a handshake, which (Y/N) politely accepted, "(Y/N) (L/N), a scavenger to help all the good people of London and acquaintance of Detective Basil." Mentioning Basil's name caused both Dawson and Olivia to perk up much to (Y/N)'s confusion.

"Did you say... Basil?"
Dawson asked as Olivia cried out while shedding a couple of tears "Oh please, Ms.(Y/N)! You must take me to him!" "Woah! Woah! Woah! What's with the waterworks Livvy...? Where's your dad?" (Y/N) sat down on the matchbox as she pulled Olivia in for a hug. Olivia cries harder into (Y/N)'s trench coat as Dawson observed in a melancholy manner. "You see..." Dawson began sadly, "That's the reason she's trying to find Basil. Her father has gone missing..." (Y/N)'s expression grew grim as she looked at the small girl in her arms. A couple of thoughts ran through her mind such as "Hiram was missing?" and "How long has Olivia alone?" but one thing is certain...

"I was just on my way to Basil's residence right now, I'll be happy to lead you there..."

Olivia wiped her tears away
as Dawson smiled at (Y/N), got up, and opened up his umbrella. Olivia walks then stands next to Dawson so she wouldn't get wet from the rain. "Well then..." Dawson said, "Lead the way Ms.(Y/N)."

~~~

Deep in the sewers,
the sound of muffled whimpering came from a room near Ratigan's Lair. The Scottish man in question was tied up and muffled by a handkerchief while sitting under a lantern and thinking of a way to escape. Soon he heard the heavily fortified door and the sounds of heavy footsteps coming towards the poor man. "I've recently heard a rumor, Flaversham..." the figure spoke in that familiar suave voice, "That there is a scavenger that knows how to get the best supplies." A gloved hand reached over to the back of the trapped man's head to untie the handkerchief covering his mouth, "So if you would be kind enough to tell me everything you know about this scavenger that would be greatly appreciated." Hiram shuddered at the figure's voice while he stared at him with wide eyes. "I-I-I..." Hiram stuttered until he gained a bit more courage, "I-I won't tell..." A flash of disappointment appeared in the eyes of his captor, "Oh dear... that simply won't do my dear Flaversham..." the voice solemnly stated but then the figure gave a wide grin. "Maybe I should torture your daughter to motivate you!" he exclaimed happily with a vicious gleam in his eyes, as he stepped into the light.