maze

"open the door or I'll break it."a voice said and I panicked.the voice sounded like a man,a mean one with the way he spoke and it didn't belong to my father.

Instinctively I reached for my phone as the door stopped shaking.i started flicking through my contacts,ready to call my dad but then I heard a click,I turned towards the door and figured that the person was trying to break the lock and fear creeped in.

I called my dad and it rang but no answer.the door shook violently and i became scared.

Throwing my phone back on the bed,I thought of a way.i ran towards the window and opened it,looking down i swallowed.

It was really high,if i climbed down and missed a foot,even just a misstep,I was surely going to fall to my death.i needed to think of another way.

I walked closer to the door not knowing what I was doing,maybe if they couldn't break the lock they would get tired and leave,but then I heard a click and then silence followed.i watched in horror as the door handle moved,and then I heard another click and the door seemed to have shut itself. I figured that whoever was at the door wasn't able to break the lock.

I could tell the man was upset because he muttered a cuss and then something slammed against the door,I took a step back as realization dawned on me that the man was about to break the door, another slam and i could see the door cracking.i turned back to the window,I had to do this.

I walked closer and looked down,so many times I had seen Kyle climb up this window, whenever he missed curfew he would text me to open the window then he would climb up the window and leave through the door to his room.but today I had to climb down.

Another slam,and i placed my right foot out of the window, turning back i stared at my door,it hung loosely in it's place and I knew that one more hit the door was going to give way to whatever horror that might await me.

But I didn't want to wait to find out,i didn't want to sit on my hands and end up regretting.if I fell today,then at least I tried,I did something.

Taking a deep breath,I searched with my right foot any part on the wall i could place my foot on without falling,soon I found it,there seemed to have been a crack on the wall and a part of it had fallen off,i placed my right foot on the cracked part of the wall and steadied my self.

With half of my body still inside and only my right leg out the window,I mustered up courage and took my left leg out,now only half of me was still in the room, doing the same thing I did with my right foot,I searched for a cracked part of the wall to place my left foot on,soon I found it and steadied my foot on it.

My legs were out,I patted my self mentally as I took in a quick breath, ready to take the next step.i lowered my right foot searching for another spot to place it, finding another spot I tried placing my foot on it but it didn't work as i slipped.

Holding the edge of my window tight,my breath became shallow as I lost balance on my second leg too,now I was dangling in the air.this was bad,very bad.i couldn't scream,all I could hear was my shallowed breathing as i saw my life flash before my eyes.

What was i thinking,that I could climb down,maybe that man was nice,but who was I kidding,deep down I knew he was not,there was this feeling of not being safe even when I hadn't seen that man.

Now I felt scared,if I don't get caught by that man,then I was going to fall to my death.and I didn't know if he was alone or he brought backup,but at least I knew what ended the latter,if I did climb back up the window,i  didn't know what might await me.

Taking deep breaths,I picked up my shattered piece of courage and looked for another spot to place my foot,my hand was starting to ache from holding my entire body,I felt so heavy.if I did escape this mess I was going to start exercising.