falling to pieces

We all exchanged glances.he was sitting on top of the kitchen table backing us and seemed to be munching on something.

Ann gently pulled off her snicker and aimed for his head ready to throw when Kyle held her hand giving her a glare.

I stared at the man sitting on the kitchen table,his sitting position looked quite familiar but the big sweater he wore wouldn't let me see him clearly.

Turning to Kyle, giving him a look of ' do you have a plan ' he nodded slowly and mouthed at the count of three,we both nodded to each other even when I didn't know the plan,when suddenly a shoe was thrown across the kitchen towards the man sitting on the kitchen table with force.

Kyle face palmed himself as my eyes widened when the man shifted with ease and Ann shoe hit the pan making it fall with a loud bang.kyle glared at Ann who mouthed a sorry,she was fond of this, always acting without thinking of the results.i looked at the man sitting on the table, Wondering how he saw the shoe when his words made us all freeze.

"Tsk,tsk,tsk. Typical of Ann"the man said calmly making Kyle gasp.

"No way!!"Kyle face showed different emotions at once.

"Yes way."the man said turning sideways and facing us while taking off his cap.

Kyle took a step back,then rushed over hugging his best friend as they both laughed and held each other tight.Ann giggled and screamed running over too,he jumped down the table as Ann ran into his arms,he held her waist lifting her up and turning her around before hugging her tight as they all laughed together.

I stayed stunned,rooted In my spot.i remembered him packing his things from Kyle's room, saying sorry a thousand times as to why he had to leave for Mexico in the next two hour because his father was sick after he got a call from his mum.when we asked him when he was coming back and he stayed quiet giving us the hint that he wasn't sure.kyle had been really hurt.

Ryan was Kyle best friend, it's been two years now since he left,and now he's back.he looked at me,his arms opened wide,I smiled walking into his embrace.apart from being Kyle's best friend,his parents and our parents were really close making us like a family.

"How did you see my shoe coming?"Ann asked and he smirked.

"The pans saved me, it's like looking at yourself in the mirror."he said making Ann giggle.

"I missed you so much,we just couldn't reach you on phone."Kyle told him as I nodded and he smiled sadly.

"I'm very sorry,i kinda lost it.when I was unpacking in the hotel when I landed,I couldn't find it.and besides there was no service when I got to the island dad was,and I'm hungry."he finished taking a breath before he turned to me.

I playfully glared at him as I walked over to the cabinet and opened it "do I look like your maid?"

He smiled walking up to me and draping his hand around my waist"you're more prettier than a maid."he smirked until he got pulled violently from me.

"I told you to stop flirting with my sisters,and especially when you want them to do something for you fool."Kyle glared at him

"You didn't have to pull me like that,I could have broken a bone." Ryan smiled mischievously as he smoothed his sweater and walked over to Kyle "you could have just told me you wanted me to flirt with you,I didn't know you missed me that badly."

Kyle glared at him and turned away when Ryan suddenly grabbed him from behind as he tickled and planted baby kisses on his cheeks causing Kyle to turn red with anger.

"Fuck,get off me you bastard."Kyle yelled making Ryan let go and burst into laughter,Ann was clutching the table and laughing hard with tears in her eyes and I couldn't help but giggle as I kept breaking eggs into a bowl.

The truth was Ryan was bi - sexual,and he accepted that fact when he turned eighteen but it took a while before Kyle was able to accept it.kyle avoided him for almost a week until mum had to force them to sit and have a conversation. That day they had walked into the room like strangers while we waited outside like worried parents,only for them to come out later laughing like old times.

kyle had accepted Ryan's sexuality after apologizing for avoiding him for a week.but he was naturally overprotective of his sisters and his best friend was a flirt at times,flirting with us in front of Kyle was only to rile him up even though Ryan had made it clear to us that we were his family and nothing more.

Kyle shook his head,picking up a grape from the basket of fruits on the table,he threw it at him as a smile was fighting it's way up his lips.ryan smiled catching it and chewing it almost immediately.

********

We all sat together in the dining room, eating and chattering after I served breakfast.ryan spoke about how much he missed us and how his trip was.i cleared the table while Kyle and Ryan went up to the terrace as me and Ann did the dishes,we finished and went up to meet them only to find them speaking in hushed tones.

"What you guys talking about?"Ann asked smiling.

"We're planning to go into the forest."Ryan said calmly and Ann froze.

Her skin turning very white,I watched her take a step back out of shock.i walked closer to them where they stood and turned to ann.the way she looked at us,like we were out of our minds.she stood there not wanting to come any closer,and Kyle just sighed.

"Forest!,you know that place is forbidden for us."Ann screamed like we were deaf people.

"Chill, we're just gonna have a picnic and come back home."Kyle said trying to calm Ann down but it seemed to have made her more shocked because she took another step back and stared at us.

"What!!"she said so softly,then she stared at me, wanting to know what my answer was, but I remained quiet because I too wanted to go back,I wanted to feel what I felt again,to cross that forbidden border again.and her eyes widened as she shook her head in disappointment.

"Not you too,dad was upset with you cause you ran into the forest,and now you want to do same!"Ann said making me turn away and stare at the forest,guilt eating at me as I remembered my father's disappointed face.but when I looked at the forest again,my desire came alive again, burning every guilty thought,that all I wanted was to go in,to find out what was on the other side,to feel what I felt last night.

Turning to Kyle and Ryan,I smiled warmly "I'm in,when is the day?"I asked making Ann gasp.

"Next tomorrow".Ryan said smiling.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT. IT MEANS A LOT TO ME.

---1295 words ---

Don't forget to add this story to your library to get a notification anytime I update.