Date Night

"Hey...do you mind turning off the light?" Cordelia asked Doyle as he came back from the bathroom.

Before he had the chance to even move, the light switch flicked off. A frown appeared on his face.

"I didn't mean you, but thanks anyways." She called out to what Doyle believed was no one.

"Who are you talking to?" He asked curiously.

"The ghost." Cordelia answered.

"Wait!...He's still here!" Doyle exclaimed in surprise.

"Yep, but he's friendly so don't worry." She reassured him as he sat down next to her just in time before the Halloween movie started.

"Hang on a minute...does he like, see everything?" Doyle asked, peering around the room wide eyed.

"Well I sure hope that he isn't a peeper, but yeah maybe." She answered, laughing a little awkwardly.

She had never really thought about that before up until now when he'd brought up the subject.

"In future, when we have movie nights and stuff, do you think that we should maybe hold them at my place?" He suggested with a slight chuckle.

As soon as the words left his lips a full can of beer slid across the table towards him, then stopped and popped open.

"I take that back." He stated impressed by the ghost that was with them and taking the beer into his hand.

"That is awesome! Thanks buddy." He called out, once again looking around.

Though he knew that he wouldn't be able to see anything, it was a force of habit he had while talking to someone.

"I had a feeling that you two would become fast friends." Cordelia joked, sitting back and resting against Doyle's side.

"Popcorn?" He offered, rustling the bag that was between the and picking up a piece.

"Yummy!" She clapped, opening her mouth as he fed her the piece that, to her, tasted extra sweet.

"Your turn." She grinned picking a piece out of the bag and feeding it to him. Just as he did to her.

"Yummy!" He repeated.

"So....did you pick the movie?" He asked curiously paying attention to what was on screen for the first time.

"Nope. I was searching the cabinet and it just came floating out at me." She explained.

She enjoyed Doyle's reaction as his face froze with his mouth wide open in shock.

"Oh wow. Looks like I have some competition." He joked, feeding her another piece of popcorn from the bag.

"Not at all Doyle." She responded with a smile.

"Not even against your celebrity crush?" He jokingly added.

"Well...maybe. Let me think......absolutely not. Nope. Not even them." She answered opening her mouth as he fed her yet another piece of popcorn.

Once she swallowed, she leaned over and planted a gentle but sweet kiss on his lips.

At first, when they'd met, she hadn't been sure on this person sat besides her, but now she could honestly say that she definitely felt something for him.