One

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Y/n

It's the first day back at school, summer has officially ended.

I'm currently still in bed, not looking forward to the day. How can people be excited for the first day of school? It's just like every other school day, but worse.

You've got everyone who said they'd hang out with you in the summer hugging you telling you how much they've missed you, when really they didn't remember who you even were until they saw you walk into school, but I'm not one to judge.

After my little imaginary rant, I roll out of bed stretching my back in the process, which feels way better than the first day of school may I add.

I stomp downstairs after changing into an acceptable outfit. What I'd give to still be asleep. After I eat breakfast, which consists of one slice of toast, I brush my teeth and pack my bag.

"Hi Mum, bye Mum." I swing my bag over my shoulder stumbling over a rogue slipper in the hallway.

"Bye Y/n have a good first day." My mum shouts from the kitchen.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I arrive outside school promptly to meet Kayla, my best friend of six years, we met on the first day of year seven, new to the school and nervous to talk to new people, but as soon as she sat down next to me we became inseparable.

She's always early to school, so it's not surprising when I see her already waiting for me. She always asks me to get here earlier, I do love you Kayla, but not that much.

"Hey Y/n." She says bouncing on her feet.

I don't know how anyone can sound so happy at eight in the morning, on a Monday.

"Why are you in such a good mood and do I even want to know?"

"I don't know, I just feel good." She smiled.

"Sounds like you." I laugh.

"Shall we go inside?" I fall into step with her as we walk into the school gates.

We walk to registration, making sure not to be late on the first day, that's normally never good. Our teacher is here, nothing new.

I sit down in my seat, scanning the room. We rarely ever have any transfers but I always like to check. I recognise everyone but one boy, sitting on the farthest end of the table. Huh.
That's new.

He has brown fluffy hair and is wearing a few rings on each one of his fingers that's all I can tell as I can't fully examine him whilst he's sitting down.

He's pretty cute. If I was looking for a boyfriend I mean. Right now I'm focusing on school work and actually passing my A-levels.

All throughout the day I keep thinking of the new boy. What's his name? What school did he move from? You know basic questions, not in an obsessive way. We just rarely get new students.

The day has come to an end, it went faster than I expected, the bell rings and everyone is scrambling to get out.

I hear footsteps behind me, I'm prepared to move out of the way to avoid being barrelled into but I recognise the voice frantically shouting my name.

"Y/n! Y/n!" I turn around and Kayla's basically sprinting after me.

"What's wrong?" My eyebrows shoot up.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to get people to move out of the way so I wouldn't miss you."

"Oh. So, how was your day?" I ask as we continue walking.