Prologue

A/N : here we are......yay! Let's see where this goes.

3rd Person POV

Grimm, creatures of darkness, lured in by negative emotions, greatest threat to all of Remnant....or so we thought. 30 years ago, a greater threat rose from the shadows under everyone's noses, a threat greater than the Grimm. Demons from hell. At first there were only lesser demons, very weak, stupid and slow, but after a few months the attacks from the demons got more frequent and they sent in greater demons that were smarter, faster and even stronger than the lesser demons, after several months the attacks got worse and the demons sent were even stronger than the last bunch. Many hunters and cities were lost during the war, but Remnant still stood strong, until the second year of the war when the demonic threat grew too strong for Remnant's forces, reluctantly the hunters had to work together with Salem the Queen of all Grimm to drive out this great threat. It was Remnant's last stand, no one thought that they would live to see another day, until an army of huge buffed out men with weapons of made out of pure energy emerged. Despite the odds being against them and losing many huntsmen in the battle, they won. They drove the demons back to hell, but they all knew that this victory would be temporary and they were right, for the demonic portals would still open and from them the beasts would emerge-

(F/N) POV

I was reading my son (Y/N) his favorite story of Remnant's last stand against demons, and by his expression I could tell that he was thoroughly enjoying it. As always.

(F/N) : but this time, the hunters would be prepared. The end.

(Y/N) : woah, that was so cool!

(F/N) : I know (Y/N), I know. You say that every time I read you this story. Now go to sleep (Y/N), you don't want to be sleepy when your teacher comes to visit.

(Y/N) : wait, dad....you're not gonna stay?

(F/N) : I'm sorry kiddo, but I've got some work to do, but your mom is gonna stay with you.

(Y/N) : *sigh* alright. Good night dad.

(F/N) : good night (Y/N).

I got up from the chair I was sitting on, turned off all the lights and exited the hospital room, closing the door behind me. I then went down the hallway to meet up with my wife who just got back from her shift.

(M/N) : sorry I'm late, how is he doing?

(F/N) : better than last time, I can tell that much.

(M/N) : my poor boy.....did his doctor say anything?

(F/N) : not really since I haven't seen him for couple of hours now. He should've been here by now.

One of the nurses who have seemed to hear us came towards us and spoke up.

Nurse : Mr (L/N), sorry to interrupt but Dr Conners is in middle of an important meeting, you can wait for him if you want, the meeting should be over in about half an hour.

(M/N) : it's alright I'll wait, you go to work honey *kisses his cheek* you don't want to be late to work.

I just nodded and left for my work in the other side of the city.

(M/N) POV

After (F/N) Left I just sat down on one of the benches near (Y/N)'s room and waited for doctor Conners to finish his meeting. To think that two years ago was when all of this happened. It all makes my heart ache. Everytime he seems to get even slightly better something has to happen to ruin it all. I sat there for the next 45 minutes or so, occasionally checking on (Y/N) who seemed to be sleeping for now. I can still remember him complaining about the hospital beds being so rough and how he couldn't sleep all night, now he has gotten used to them. I wish I could just take him home and tuck him in his own bed. Unfortunately that can't be done. I then heard a door open and I looked to see doctor Conners in the hallway speaking with some Atlas soldiers and...Lieutenant Ironwood? What is he doing here? I just shrugged it off and stayed on my seat and waited for them to finish their talk, I don't want to attract their attention, if any one of them recognizes me, I'll be getting a mouthful from the general, and he's one ruthless man, he doesn't have any empathy and doesn't care about the soldier's or their family's well being, all he cares about is to work us to death. I saw him take away someone's uniform just because they had the audacity to try to leave 5 minutes early to pick up his son from school, I don't want the same to happen to me, I need the money, I need it for (Y/N). They talked for about 5 more minutes before they parted and were on their way to the exit, I wanted to sigh out of relief but then I felt a hand on my shoulder so I looked at who it was and saw the Lieutenant which made my heart sink, I couldn't do anything else except stand up and fumble on my words.