𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

➼➼➼
0. We're Eternals

 We're Eternals

5000 BC, Mesopotamia

  IN THE BEGINNING, THERE was nothing. Then suddenly, there was light. Artemis's eyes opened and a silent gasp left her mouth. Her eyes landed on the large red statue that sat in the middle of the room — Arishem. Her creator and ruler. Then, Artemis's gaze drifted across the room. Nearly hidden by the statue, a man with deep blue and brooding eyes stared back at her. Her stomach turned excitedly at his small, almost unnoticeable smirk.

"It is time..." A soft yet commanding voice announced. Artemis turned her head to the side, eyes locking with the woman. Ajak. She somehow knew her name. And as if she had done it thousands of times before, Artemis, along with the ten others, walked to the wall, turned their backs and allowed the gold magic to flow over them, changing their soft blue robes into armour. Soft lilac and silver-coated her body, the imprint of antlers swirled across her chest.

The Domo came into view of the young planet — Earth. Artemis knew their mission, to protect the population from the Deviants. She walked slowly around the circular room, eyeing intricate design. "It's beautiful, is it not?" The voice was sudden yet it didn't startle her. Artemis turned to see those deep brooding eyes. A smile spread across her face. "I'm Druig," He said, bowing slightly. Artemis noticed his black and red armour, how its long coat nearly touched the ground.

"Artemis," She smiled, returning his bow. "And yes, the ship is quite impressive."

"Yes..." Druig nodded, a small smile pulling at his lips. "The ship..." He trialled off, eyes scanning Artemis before he slowly walked away.

Artemis raised a brow. What a curious man, she chuckled to herself. And then the greetings continued, and by the time Phastos had moved the Domo into position, everyone was well acquainted. "Ikaris," Ajak turned to the man clad in blue and gold. "Go. Save the boy," There were no questions asked. He was first off the ship. "Kingo, Makkari, Thena, Gilgamesh, Artemis, Go. Keep the rest of them safe." And again, without question, they followed Ajak's orders.

Makkari grabbed hold of Artemis and Kingo, rushing the three of them down to the rocky terrain. "I'll have your backs from above," Artemis spoke while simultaneously signing. Kingo and Makkari nodded and the three split up. As Artemis rushed up the speed hills, she could hear, rather than see, Ikaris obliterating the flying Deviant. Once she was high enough, she conjured her bow and arrows. Gold magic flowed from her fingertips as the weapons formed in her hands. She planted her feet, anchoring herself and pulling back on the string, locking an arrow into place.

Artemis squinted, narrowing her vision on the Deviant Kingo and Makkari had engaged. Makkari's speed was nearly enough to finish it, but the Deviant had some fight left in it. Artemis released her fingers and sent the arrow flying. The head pierced the Deviant's shoulder and it let out a cry as the arrowhead exploded in a flurry of golden sparks, completely obliterating half of its grotesque body. The rest of its body fell into the ocean below. She sent a salute to Kingo and Makkari and winked.

Then from behind, a loud and thunderous roar. Aremis cringed as the sound echoed through her ears. She turned around slowly to see a scrawny and tall, lizard-like Deviant barring its teeth at her. It was too close for her to use her bow. Artemis let go of the weapon, its golden shimmer dissipating into nothingness. She took a deep breath, conjuring her strength. Along the imprint of antlers on her chest, gold light lifted itself to her head, forming a crown of the same shape as two arrows appeared in her hands. "Come on," She taunted the Deviant. "Your move."

It let out a horrid screech and rushed towards Artemis. She kept her feet firmly planted and just as its head made contact with her chest, she drove the arrows into the back of its neck and pulled herself up onto its back, sliding down its body, the arrows creating a clean cut down its torso. The Deviant cried out in pain as she flipped off and landed gracefully on the solid dirt below. It reared its head, craning its neck and snapping its jaws at Artemis. She watched as it teetered, just barely standing. "Looks like I win," She winked, angling her head down and charging.

The golden antlers on her head lit up as she rammed them into the Deviant, the final push needed to defeat it. She stood on the edge of the cliff, watching as it plummeted, finally lying limp, its last breath leaving its lungs. Raising her head, she saw Gilgamesh and Thena finish off the final Deviant. Makkari waved for her to join the others and Artemis skillfully hopped down the side of the cliff, the golden antlers returning to her chest before snuffing out its glow. "Great job," Makkari smiled. "That was amazing."

Artemis chuckled, shaking her head bashfully. "You weren't so bad yourself, speedster." Kingo had rushed up next to her on her other side, sending her a smile.

The three joined up with Gilgamesh and Thena at the foot of the cliff, where the Domo came into view. Phastos, Ajak, Sersi, Sprite, and Druig all made their way down. By now, the crowd of Mespopatianian villagers had surrounded the Eternals. And though they had just been saved, that didn't stop them from being afraid of the strange and mystical Eternals. The men raised their spears, ready to engage, but with a tilt of his head and a wave of his hand, a golden glazed covered Druig and the men's eyes as he stopped them in their tracks, making them drop their spears.

Artemis looked at him, amused by this powerful gift. "Mind control?" She smirked. "That's impressive."

Druig looked back at her, returning the smirk. "Not as impressive as you, my lady."

Ajak had moved front and centre, making her way over to Ikaris, hovering her hand over his chest, the gash that was there smoothing over and healing.

"Thank you, Ajak," Ikaris nodded.

Standing strong and proud, all eleven Eternals looked towards the humans whom they had just saved. Ajak turned to Sersi, nodding in encouragement. Slowly, Sersi bent down, picking up the stone dagger that the young boy had dropped, turning its rugged exterior to gold. She moved carefully towards the boy, no sudden movements. She outstretched her palm, offering him the newly golden dagger and just as carefully, the boy took it from her. Sersi let out a breath of relief at the acceptance. Step one of their mission was complete — be accepted into humanity.

AUTHORS NOTE
I really wanted to explore relationships with the Eternals if the oc was actually an Eternal themselves. It was super fun to pick out which goddess she could be and from there what her powers could be and I think I did pretty good job! I hope you enjoyed this little prologue! Oh and btw everytime you see a sentence fully in italics, it means their signing with Makkari!

 It was super fun to pick out which goddess she could be and from there what her powers could be and I think I did pretty good job! I hope you enjoyed this little prologue! Oh and btw everytime you see a sentence fully in italics, it means their s...