05. A Union of Love

➼➼➼

•400 AD, The Gupta Empire

400 AD, The Gupta Empire

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?!" ARTEMIS screeched, jaw dropping as she stared bug-eyed at Sersi, completely in shock. 

"Keep your voice down!" Sersi shushed, but her giddy smile never faltered. She took Artemis's hands and pulled her close. "You're the first to know. I want it to be a surprise."

Artemis bounced on the balls of her feet, vibrating with excitement. "I have to start planning! Do you know what you're gonna wear? And what about the food? Oh, and who-"

"Artemis!" Sersi cut her off with a laugh. "Calm down. We'll sort out all the planning later. Right now, I just want to tell everyone."

"Then we can plan?" Artemis smirked playfully.

Sersi shook her head with a chuckle. "Yes, then we can plan."

Artemis grabbed her hands and squeezed. "I'm so, so happy for you, Sers."

"Oh, stop," Sersi blushed. "When do you think Druig is going to pop the question?"

"Don't change the topic, Sersi," Artemis snapped softly, turning her head to hide her blush. "Let's go find Ajak, she should know next."

Sersi sighed, smiling. "You're right," She linked arms with Artemis and pulled her out of their secluded room, into the halls of the Domo. They peeked into rooms, into the Astro-Lab, only finding Phastos and Kingo, but no Ajak. 

As they kept searching, a small short gust of wind indicated that Makkari had found them. She was smiling casually, but Artemis could see the glint of mischief in her eyes. There was no doubt that Makkari already knew of the wedding. "Where are you two off to?" She asked innocently.

"We're looking for Ajak," Sersi answered. "Have you seen her?"

Makkari tapped a finger to her chin and looked off into the distance, pretending to think. "Maybe. Why are you looking for her? Is it...something important?" She smirked.

Artemis stopped and sighed. "Sersi, she's onto us." Makkari nodded.

"How'd you know?" Seris glared in annoyance at the speedster.

"Your vibrations," Makkari smiled. "Artemis jumps when she's excited."

Seris pointed an accusatory finger in Artemis's face playfully. "This is your fault!"

"I'm sorry!" Artemis laughed, pushing her finger away. "But you're getting married, Sers! It's exciting!"

"I saw Ajak and Sprite headed towards the exit," Makkari finally told them what they wanted to know. 

"Thank you," Sersi smiled softly, shaking her head with a quiet chuckle. 

Makkari smiled back, patting her shoulder softly. "Congratulations." And she was gone.