iii

word count: 2090

it was late, way too late for ennis to be laying in his bed worrying about a particular blue-eyed boy.
why'd he want ennis to check on him tomorrow? was something going to happen if he didn't? was he making it home okay? did his dad hurt him again? why did he hesitate to take the cigarette?
ennis' brain ran at one hundred miles an hour, so he thinks about what he always does when he feels anxious or stressed; the first time he met jack.

"son of a fucking bitch." jack swears loudly, slamming his hand against the side of his pickup before hissing in pain.
"ya alright there?" ennis had asked with a questioning glance, eyeing jacks old rust bucket of a truck.
"yeah-fuck, no. i'm sorry, ya see, i was tryna get somewhere fer today, but this fucking piece'a shit broke down on me on the way there."  jack explained, sighing exasperatedly.
"shit, anythin' i can do?" ennis offers, pulling his own truck over.
"mind tellin' me the time?"
"quarter past four." ennis responds.
jack throws his hands up and growls, kicking the tire of the truck as hard as he can. "god fuck it all!" he shouts, smacking the metal once more.
"ya want a hand?"
"that'd be great." jack finally smiles at ennis tiredly.
he reaches his hand out, "jack twist." he introduces himself.
ennis grips jacks hand firmly, "ennis," he replies.
"yer folks just stop at ennis?" jack asks with a grin.
"del mar."
"well, it's nice to know you ennis del mar."

with ennis covered in car grease up to his elbow and jacks hands nicked with scrapes, jack pulls away for a minute. "happy fuckin' birthday to me, huh, friend?" he mumbles with a sarcastic smile, ennis turning to him with an arched brow.
"it's yer birthday?" ennis asks, adjusting his sleeves.
"yeah, seventeen." jack answers. "can i be completely honest with ya?"
ennis nods.
"i was actually headed out of town fer today, try to find someone to pick up fer the night, ya know?" his eyes look distant, focused on the sun which was already mostly set.
ennis nods once more, eyeing the back of jacks covered pickup bed.
"what kinda person were ya lookin' ta go pick up?" he asks lowly, watching with satisfaction as jacks adam's apple bobs while he swallows harshly.
"someone like you," he talks quietly.
"get in the back of that pickup, twist." ennis orders and jack obeys instantly sending tingles up ennis' spine.
when ennis hops into the back of the truck, jacks shirt is off and he's laying on a mess of blankets and pillows that covers an old mattress. ennis gawks at the sight of jacks smooth, tan skin, and reaching out to touch it was mesmerizing on its own. jack was so nice to look at and to touch, strong muscles hidden under the soft skin. and jacks eyes, god jacks eyes were so gorgeous. an array of blues scattered his irises, his pupils blown wide with want and lust.
"on yer knees," ennis urges gently, giving jack space to get into position. he undoes jacks belt, noting the big rodeo award buckle. he tugs down his jeans and boxers, along with his own before tracing his slick fingers along jacks already stretched hole.
jack makes a whine beneath the bigger man, begging ennis to continue.
ennis spits in his hand, coating his cock thoroughly, grunting as he doused himself in his own pleasure.
"come on, ennis, fuck me!" jack snaps, his throat constricting as ennis thrusts harshly into him.
"oh my god-oh fuck the lord." jack moans loudly, slamming his hips to meet ennis'.
there was something about fucking jack that sends ennis cumming without a warning, filling jack up easily. jack moans, head hanging between his shoulders as he releases too.
they clean up silently, jack being the first to speak once all their clothes were on.
"uh," he starts, voice trembling. "should we get back to fixin' this fuckin' shit?" he asks, ennis nods in response, the air falling heavy around them.

"start 'er up!" ennis says, watching as jack twists the keys and the engine roars to life. jack claps his hands against the steering wheel, cheering loudly at ennis. "alright, that'll do it then." ennis says, tone uneasy. "yeah, thanks again, friend. i appreciate ya." jack nods, stepping out of his vehicle. "i hope ta see ya around, ennis del mar." he reaches his hand out to offer ennis a shake. "are ya from lightin' flat?" "born and raised." ennis quirks a soft smile, nodding. "i'll definitely see ya around, rodeo." he says, a tone in his voice irking jack to visualize what had happened between them as he continued to drive out of town.