Chapter I

Ellis P.O.V:

  I woke up to the sound of frantic screaming once again. 

 The sound reverberated off the walls as it settled into my ears making me start to panic for the 3rd time that day.  It was my turn soon. I knew it was. 

 I was turning 17 in 2 days, which meant that if I wasn't bought in the next 48 or so hours the pet keepers could do whatever they wanted to me. 

 They usually have some fun first. They let their prey think that they'll be free, or that they won't harm them. Then they run, they always run... and the vampires attack. They do every horrible thing you can imagine to their pets, from the physical... to the psychological terrors, then they kill them. They drain their bodies of every last drop of blood until it's just yet another empty shell.

I always knew I wasn't going to make it past 30. That's a rule in this territory. No pet should be alive after the age of 30. But If by some miracle my future master kept me alive until then, I would be sent to the colonies, where I would work under the most unliveable circumstances until the day I died.  And if I was lucky I would just be drained before then.

I wasn't one to have much hope. Maybe that's why I never fed into the other girls stories of how someday they will escape and join the rogues. The people that still believe they will be able to go back to the way the world was 200 years ago.

It's been almost 200 years since the world went to shit.
200 years since the vampires took over...

200 years since us Humans have lived in peace.

I was raised to serve them, and it's all I've ever been taught. Forced into the lowest of ranks from birth, raised to serve my future master, raised to be obedient. That's all I've ever known.
That's all I'll ever be.

And I've come to terms with that.

I know that they're is no point in having hope. Even the faintest glimpse of it can cause me to believe that my situation will be better. 

I know it won't. 

I just wasn't expecting to die so soon. But I guess its better to endure one day of suffering and then never have to feel anything again... then to let myself be owned by someone much worst than the keepers here.

As I fell asleep once again I contemplated how my end would be. 

Would they just want to get it out of the way quickly... or would they want some pleasure for themselves first. 

Theo's P.O.V 

  "No Alex, I still don't see why everyone keeps demanding I get a pet." Theo says in his usual tone of annoyance. "Why do you keep insisting upon it when you don't even have one yourself..."

"Well brother.. that's because you know what happened to my last one... and two.. and thr-"  Alex rambles

"Please... Spare me the wonderful details... How you haven't managed to kill every living thing within 1,000 feet of you is still a miracle to me." Theo uttered to his brother.

"Theodore... look, give it one chance, we can find you a beautiful little thing, and you can just give her to me if you get bored of her." Alex winks.

"As if that would ever happen brother...But fine... I'll get a pet"

"I KNEW YOU WOULD COME AROUND THEO" Alex cuts him off hugging him

"Im not doing this for you... I'm doing this so mum and dad stop pestering me about not being royal enough... Whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean" 

"Sure, sure prince Theodore... whatever helps you sleep at night big bro" Alex states. "sooo... when are we going...Today... maybe we can get some movies after to-?" 

"Ill give you 10 seconds to get your ass out of my room before I lose my patience and do it myself" Theo scoffs

"Ok...ok Theodore ... no need to be such a pain in the arse." Alex whispers.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey besties!!! and that was the first chapter of Tainted blood... I hope you liked meeting the characters and stuff. Pls don't forget to vote.

also I would like to add that this is my first time writing something like this so if you have any pointer pls pls pls comment them.

love ya, 

   -Faeryn